1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bmd

bmd Member

I spiced it up for you.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I personally think these look awesome. Simple and clean. The color scheme seems perfect.

Good job bmd :cool:

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Those look really nice.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I laughed, but I thought this was dickish. Still laughed though

5. bmd

bmd Member

lol, I like to joke around. It might come across as dickish on a message board.

6. dram1

dram1 Member

The Rockets will never abandon the Communist Red...it sells...So they will continue with designs that emphasize Red. The mustard yellow is allowable because it is the only other color on the Chinese flag so it definitely will stay.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind a basketball version of this, as a grey alternate, at least.
    [​IMG]

I think it would sell well, too..

8. bmd

bmd Member

9. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Horrible, stop it with the red and yellow, it's ugly and the only reason it worked back then was because it was just the trim and nostalgic feelings made them seem better than they were.

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Considering the '95 article saying focus groups hated the championship ketchup and mustard, I understand the change, and I also think all this nostalgia wanting to go back to those colours is a bad idea.

I think our currently red and silver colour scheme is good. Maybe we go for the Championship unis, and change all the mustard for silver? Do the same with the logo. Get the original logo and make it red and silver. That could be a modern update while keeping the nostalgia.

The other idea I like is the Texan colours using a similar type fony of the pinstripe days, but NO PNSTRIPES! And no logo please.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JXPjQJSkvKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets uniform has been horrible for almost 20 years, that's gotta be some type of record, lol.

1 person likes this.
  13. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Why is red and gold so bad?
    Superman's logo
    Mickey Mouse
    McDonalds
    Hulkamania
    The Flash
    Shell

They have all faired well with that color scheme and so did the Rockets

14. bmd

bmd Member

The first one I posted was red and silver.

Some said they didn't like the color scheme and they want red and yellow. I changed it and others said they don't like red and yellow.

Nobody knows what they want. Or I should say there is no consensus among fans.

15. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

We can all agree that the logo is a pile of ****, however.

16. bmd

bmd Member

lol... and I don't mind the logo.

See, nobody can agree on anything!

17. dream2franchise

Same here bmd. The logo in itself isn't horrible. The font could be cleaned up some and I think the 'R' could be simplified but it's the jersey that just hurts. A nicer uni would make it all more palatable.

Curious to see if Nike ends up doing anything radically different.

18. Hail The Dream!

For anyone who remembers the championship years it can be agreed that the switch to the Rockets Pajamas was a complete and unmitigated disaster. The Rocket with teeth was the absolute worst part. Right after we had built a tradition with our red and yellow color scheme they went ahead an erased the entire culture with that switch. After a handful stubborn years with those uniforms they hired a high-end fashion designer to come up with the current edition to appease Les Alexander and his obsession with the Chinese market. We can all agree that Les Alexander is a dweeb who has completely failed in the uniform department. The Houston Rockets are ketchup and mustard, and there is no getting around it. We will not win a championship until our uniforms return to their rightful color scheme.x

1 person likes this.
  19. Hail The Dream!

Please lets just switch the uniforms back to the 1995 version and we can be done with this 20 year nightmare.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i wish i could have been there to stop it in 1995. change the logo fine.. they could have kept the same colors and not added a flying dildo rocket and terrible uniforms with pinstripe