1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a complaint but an observation: Harden is still playing analytic ball aka MoreyBall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Dec 27, 2020.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

44 and 17 being guarded like this. Whatever he does it works. I may post this picture everywhere lol.

[​IMG]

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but @GreatOne1978 harden travels all the time, then opponents should just point it out to the refs instead of double teaming him

3. vlaurelio

Kyrie and KD sitting the 3rd game of the season

while haters here cyring and whining about iron man harden after his first game of 44 and 17

4. dmoneybangbang

Nah we were there, we were built for the GSW. We just couldn’t make a bucket with a generational offense player, which I would attribute to the ideology, coaching, and Harden.

5. dmoneybangbang

We saw what jacking up 3s did.... It was not only ineffective during a stretch but leads to long rebounds and easy opposing buckets.

Variety is the spice of life, we are pretty rigid predictable and it cost us. It also got us to that position to be in a position to win.

6. vlaurelio

so without it we won't be in that position to win? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

so you clearly don't want to be in a position to win :D

7. vlaurelio

so you're crying because harden didn't go rogue?

8. dmoneybangbang

.... sounds like you have a lack of imagination and deal in absolutes.

Wasn’t saying we need to throw out the baby with the bath water.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol you cant dismiss talent disparity with "Nah blah blah blah". Fact is GSW had 3-4 all stars rockets had 1-2. And KD is as good if not better than Harden.

If Talent wasnt a huge factor and you can always "build a team" then why only Billups the only non legendary champion team best player since Jordan era? Jordan, Hakeem, Lebron, KG, Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan, Kawhi, KD, Curry...its been 30 yrs since MJ era the best player on a champ team has always been a top 5 player.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Based on studies mid range Js also lead to long rebs and easy opposing buckets. Thats why its called the worst shot in basketball it has all the downsides of a 3 but the same score as a 2. Meanwhile the best offenses all have a bevy of 3 pt shooters.

As far as I'm concerned theres no diff between minimizing mid range to outright banning them. You take so few it has no impact either way.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol—last seconds of a game, down by 1, tied or I’ll even give you up by 1.

Do you want harden to take the open midrange or the open 3? Pretty easy and common scenario you see with most teams especially playoff time. Shouldn’t be hard to answer

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you think you are smarter than NBA analysts who work at the NBA for a living? These **** has been done so long ago.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Apparently you don’t as it repeatedly goes over your head. You advocate for an approach with the belief that the numbers you’re basing your data off of are static in a game when they aren’t. Saying you want to ban roughly 50-60 % of the shooting space is Darwin Award level you dumbass. if you can’t answer the question stfu. You said you wanted to ban it so do you want harden taking the open midrange or open 3? One of those he knocked down at about 47% and the other at about 37%. Maximizing the return on the 3 is during the course of the game when you have a high number of possessions. It also comes with the downside of increased variance. The latter comes with less of a return when you have less possessions, my hyperbole scenario being an N of 1. It really isn’t hard and everybody outside of a few dimwits on this site get it. If you want to minimize it I’m on board but saying stupid **** like eliminating it wow.

I don’t think you yourself understand what the rest of the league thinks, hint, it’s minimizing the midrange and using it in key situations not eliminating it

#173 LosPollosHermanos, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I didnt say I wanna ban it dumbass I said it doesnt make a difference whether you ban it or minimize it since the attempts are so low it wont make a difference either way. The fact that you cant even comprehend English despite being in NA shows you are the real winner of the Darwin award.

You still havent answered the question if you are smarter than the entire NBA think tank combined. If you arent then you should stfu. The debate has been over since GSW won in 2015.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Is English another area you’re remedial in? If it doesn’t make a difference whether you ban it or not that scenario which happens nightly would be irrelevant. “Just a couple Possessions...Yea bro last minute possessions screw that! Dude go back and read your posts, sober up or whatever it is. Clutch needs to do something about the dipshits on this board that have a rudimentary grasp on stats when the rest of use it on a daily basis to make advances in technology, publish papers, report on COVID etc. I get that you want to sound smart, but don’t pervert statistical analysis with your HCC night classes or whatever it is.

I can’t answer a question when your entire premise is wrong, again going back to English. Study it b****. The NBA analysts and people outside this forum don’t agree with you. You’re delusional .

#175 LosPollosHermanos, Dec 28, 2020
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one who read my post wrong now you want me to study English? Lulz. You are the one who needs to go back to remedial b****. Dunning Kruger effect in full display I see.

You are right Clutch needs to do something about dipshits like you who pull crap outta there ass in 3 secs and think other, smarter people havent addressed that same thing years ago. NBA has been reducing the mid range and increasing the 3. Thats just a fact. A quick search on google would verify that. If you wanna say the entire league of NBA strategists are wrong then you better have some better ammo than a pack of insults and a nonsensical tirade.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL

Reducing midrange and increasing the 3...sounds familiar right? Maybe because that’s what I ****ing said a couple of posts ago. You’re literally repeating what I established as a baseline as your big “sEe I tOlD u”. Your big wazaa is something that the people you have been arguing with have agreed with you on. You going full stupid is enough for people to draw the line.

Nice try. Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with “might as well eliminate it”. Then being stupid enough to pin it on a couple of possessions when that’s pivotal in terms of deciding a game. You’re embarrassing yourself. Like I said, sober up.

#177 LosPollosHermanos, Dec 28, 2020
  18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The only thing I’ve learned in arguing with @roslolian is the NBA has apparently been trying to minimize the midrange and maximize the three. Who knew? I wonder why I alluded to the fact I agree with this just several posts ago.

I’m dumber for arguing with a dumb. What I get for engaging with the bottom of the barrel. Cya breh

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said there is no difference in the grand scheme if things moron. You have thousands of possessions a year if you minimize something thats the same as banning it, difference between 0 mid range and like 10 mid range when you have a total FG of 1000 is insignificant. No team really has "0" mid range even in the Rockets offense that banned mid range last year all the Rox players attempted shots from 3 ft to 3 pt line. If everyone ended up taking mid rsnge shots over the course of a season what the hell is the difference between "banning" mid range and "minimizing" mid range? They're the same you moron.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2020.html

You are the one who needs to sober up. If I say there is no difference that means they can take minimal mid range shots. Thats why you are wrong cuz you didnt need to go on a dumbass rant telling me I shouldnt be campaigning for the banning of mid range shots.

I'm perfectly sober too bad there's no fix for stupid on your end.

HP3 likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL again. I outlined a perfectly reasonable and valuable possession. Explain why you might as well eliminate it. You’re saying a whole lot of nothing. Is it the English thing again or not being able to convey what you want? You do understand not a single person in this thread is arguing against minimizing the midrange right? Outside of overtly typing it out in their posts perhaps you need to get spoonfed. Bottom of the barrel my friend, the rockets never “banned” the midrange you’re a ****ing moron that presents false premises thinking the rest of us are on your low level