1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a complaint but an observation: Harden is still playing analytic ball aka MoreyBall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Dec 27, 2020.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tate made the same cut for a easy bucket earlier in the game.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Psychology has nothing to do with it in this situation...these shots arent helping anybody. Only clutch time is when they are acceptable...that's it.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

The second you bring up Melo is the second you lose the argument lool.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are mostly young kids who grew up in the participation trophy age....they are soft soft soft soft soft......sensitive souls....snowflakes....just weak in their mental toughness....weak..weak...weak....can't criticize it might hurt their poor feelings......

DD

6. HP3

HP3 Member

It's always the same dudes who want midrange for the sake of it.

[​IMG]

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's only 2 points a shot -- he could have had 66 points (not including 4 point plays).

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I still see myself as a young fan, but I have to catch myself sometimes and realize that harden was already a rocket and a lot of these guys started watching with a baseline of curry etc. they’ve also never played competitive ball, because as you said...coach is always on your ass. And there’s a good reason fornit

Nobody has ever argued against Hardens RS performance, it’s become more of a norm for him to drop off in the post season (mentality wise most importantly)

Htown's Finest and DaDakota like this.
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Melo played great for the Trailblazer last season because they allowed him to play HIS game. Contrary to CF believes there are other shots on the court besides just threes and layups bro.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden was playing more ball before being a rockets. 3s, fts, and layups

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yep. Tate was making solid cuts all game. Having him under the rim when another man was driving helped on several plays. I really like the kid.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not good.

HardenVolumeOne and mac_got_this like this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There was no glaring reason why we lost tonight outside of not having half the team.

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

So an open mid range shot is now considered a bad shot? Interesting, maybe you should tweet this to KD, Kawhi, Tatum, and others let them know that mid range shots aren't helping anybody. We'll see how well that goes over. This is the kind of thinking that prohibits the Rockets from taking that next step of being less predictable. Silas has said as much too, and that's why I believe he will be a great NBA head coach because he wants to implement wrinkles into our offense and defense. The Rockets were so easy to game plan for in previous years. Even if the Rockets would have made it to one Finals then I would concede my argument, but D'Antoni offense and Moreyball have not proven to be successful when it matters most, the playoffs. Sure Moreyball looks great in the regular season, it allows Harden to look like the best player in the league and score a crap ton of points. But I'm telling you the court shrink in the playoffs. You have to utilize what's there of the court when it's available. It's absolutely crazy to sit here and say with a straight face that we should keep doing the same thing over and over again that has not worked for us when it matters most.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Kawhi and KD are literally two of the best mid range shooters in the game and are superstars. Silas has even said we will take mid range during the clutch and not rely on the during the game for the most part.

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The shot that generates the most points per attempt is the best shot to take, period. Occasionally (not very often) that shot is a mid range jumper.

Why is everyone on clutchfans so bad at math? It’s pretty incredible.

Rockets4Life13 and DaDakota like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The amount of factual inaccuracies in this post is impressive.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

20. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Serious question do you watch any other team besides the Rockets bro? I'm asking for a friend. KD and Kawhi aren't the only ones that are great at shooting mid range jumpers bro. This conversation is funny. Trust me a lot of players shoot mid range. Now I'm not sure if you were aware but there are 29 other teams in the NBA besides the Rockets. It's ridiculous to think that every player is a three point marksman. You always take what the defense gives you...