1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nostalgia] Rockets Drexler Deal on NBA.com Frontpage Right Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets R' Us, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

[​IMG]

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/steve_aschburner/02/23/five-deals-history/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

NBA.com lists bests deadline deals that made a difference:

3. Clyde Drexler to Houston, 1995
    Transaction: Houston acquired Drexler and Tracy Murray from Portland in exchange for forward Otis Thorpe, Marcelo Nicola and a 1995 first-round pick that became guard Randolph Childress.

Date: Feb. 14, 1995

Stats: Drexler averaged 21.4 points in 34 games for Houston and kept right on going through 22 postseason games, averaging 20.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists.

This came nine days before the absolute deadline but its impact was far greater than the swap the Rockets completed then (Scott Brooks to Dallas for Morlon Wiley and a second-round pick). A Houston favorite from his high school and college years, Drexler gave the Rockets a boost during their second, more difficult championship season.
    When he retired three years later, he exited as Houston's leading scorer (18.4) and assists man (5.5).

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I now wish we could trade Clyde for this Clyde

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

For real though, Frazier is the best color commentator around. He's a true professional. I want to spit every time NBALP gives me the commentary from the opposing team. Three quarters of local commentary teams consist of a couple of homer hacks with more whine than the Napa Valley (especially now that our team is all about flopping and jumping into the defender on a shot to create contact).