1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmacfor35, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

It's interesting how NK came come out and say they 'approved' a nuclear strike on the US, and no one seems to care... Don't get me wrong, obviously people care, but it's not the same as if the US, Russia, Pakistan, etc said they approved a nuke strike. Yeah, there's a big difference, since NK to my knowledge doesn't possess nukes nor the capability to actually launch them (effectively) to the US mainland.

Still, I'm surprised China is standing for the BS they're spitting out. In my book, and I'm very anti war, that type of language is grounds for us to blow them to Hell. Talking about approving a WMD against a country should not be taken lightly, even if it is from the ******* of the world.

If China wants to be a major power in the civilized world, they need to step up and lay down the law.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

No one benefits from a conflict with the North Koreans, so unless deemed absolutely necessary for security (and with the North's lackluster military technology they won't be a threat) we won't get involved.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

We don't know much about NK, and thats what frightens me the most.
    I think it's a smokescreen to take control and gain respect of his people/army but with all this little man has been saying I wouldn't doubt that something, at least minor, goes down. Like a small attack on SK.

I'm not afraid of NK, but we must remember what happened last time we underestimated our enemy.

[​IMG]

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No one wins in this war (if there is one). China, SK, NK will all get screwed in different ways Talk is talk but US or SK won't attack NK unless NK attacks first. Once they do, look for them to try to finish them as quickly with minimal casualties as possible. Still, itll be devastating in so many ways to SK we need to avoid a war by all means.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Tell that to the NK lunatics. No one wants a war but crazy is as crazy does.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's not an example of underestimating our enemy. That's an example of Japan attacking us while we were neutral. The United States was not at war with anyone at the time.

7. RedRedemption

Not just the nations participating in the war. The global economy will get absolutely obliterated.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

NK just declared nuclear war on us, and we twiddle our thumbs

9. RedRedemption

They have no method of delivering those nukes.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There are reports two subs have gone missing. Heck, Russia had two subs in the Gulf of Mexico last year for weeks and the US had no clue. Underestimating a wreckless, yet secretive enemy is risky.

I think NK has some underlying alliances that may shock the US. That or NK is absolutely off the rocker. Although they are off their rocker, I am concerned right now. They are dangerous because they are wreckless.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What scares me is if they could pair with either Iran or some terror organization to put a nuke on a boat or some other transport to get it in range of the US. Not sure how feasible that is, but it's scary nevertheless

The real damage would be inflicted on South Korea (well, aside from the decimation of what is now North Korea), and South Korea is a larger part of the worldwide economy than people might suspect. I mean they're not the size of the US or even the UK, but they're on par with say Australia and Mexico. It would really be awful for the world's economy.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you recommend chief?

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.
    [​IMG]

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I guess I'll go board the plane now...

I'm sure the CIA isn't just twiddling their thumbs, and we aren't going to start open war right now.

15. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

As of this moment NK is on double secret probation.
    [​IMG]

16. tonyg6891

tonyg6891 Member

Neutral? The U.S had the lend-lease program with the allied powers. Selling weapons, bombs and what not. Then not to mention, we had an embargo on Japan, not allowing iron, steel, and mechanical parts in. They "lent" American destroyers to the British and helped China after Japan invaded.

The U.S. did everything to provoke the enemy while being officially "neutral". Being truly neutral would have been selling weapons and ships to both sides and cashing in on war profits from those idiots in Eurasia.

17. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

What? If anything that picture just affirms NK being full of it. If you really wanted to attack someone, would you really give any warnings?

If they really wanted to attack, they wouldn't give any warnings for us to prepare. Obvious bluff is obvious.

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Go home North Korea, you're drunk!

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23whyAustin">#whyAustin</a> Three words...Rick, Perry, and...um....I can't remember the third. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Oops">#Oops</a></p>&mdash; JH (@JockHogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JockHogan/status/317647521713364994">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>