1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea sentences U.S Student to 15 years hard labor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 16, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They gave him a sleeping pill.

(no really that's what they claim)

:rolleyes:

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

As a gesture of good will, we are releasing your prisoner.

Oh, yeah....one more thing....he's in a coma.

B-Bob, Yung-T, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

rip Warmbier

Being a sjw ain't easy. At least Trumpman brought you home.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I feel his parents and profs let him down. They should never have let him go to North Korea, this is not some frat party where you can go and have some fun.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

What an incredibly sad and depressing ending to this. Prayers for his soul and his family.

B-Bob and R0ckets03 like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

I don't think they knew he was going. According to wikipedia, he decided to go once he was touring China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Warmbier

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

RIP Otto Warmbier.

At the same time, I feel tremendous anger at that most oppressive, corrupt government known as N. Korea. Dennis Rodman shames the memory of Warmbier by hanging out and sharing a laugh with their piggy of a leader.

:mad:

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sucks. N. Korea probably has the worst government in the world. It's worse than Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, any place else. RIP

Yung-T and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I expect Trump to do something to avenge this - he won't stand for the loss of face here, nor should he. I would hope whatever he does results in something short of an all out war, however.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And if he doesn't you won't criticize him anyways.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You want to know what real fascism is - check out North Korea.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This was all politics as usual. NK targeting a visiting American to punish America. The disproportionate sentence for something so trivial is such a joke. I would expect to pay a $20 fine for ripping a banner down. 15 years hard labor and, ultimately, your life...what a joke of a country!! F NK! And, Dennis Rodman can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. He should just stay there with his "friend".

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hhhhmmm .. . . . . Mike Brown was killed in the street . . . . for 'suspicion of theft"
    and alot of people here were saying he deserved it

This kid was stealing in North Korea . . . .. .
    I guess he deserved it too, right?
    He was a thug
    He was a criminal

If Korea is a "Brutal" regime for killing this kid
    So is America .. . . . . .

Rocket River

No Worries likes this.
  14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

After grabbing an officer's gun, punching him in the face, and telling him that he is a "p***y".

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, "suspicion of theft" and attacking a police officer.....but sure go ahead and leave that second part out because to you guilt or innocence is based entirely on the race of the individual. Kind of a barbaric and backwards way of thinking, but you be you.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. Mike Brown is a ridiculous example. The lies around that whole event (e.g. hands up don't shoot- total lie) resulted in needless crime, violence and division.

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Disregard this news everyone. According to the libtards that populate this forum, Russia is our greatest adversary, not North Korea, who pulls crap like this, has a ruler who is far more unpredictable and rash, and is actively developing nuclear weapons.

But far more fun to wallow in cold-war era Russia scaremongering.

I'll say it again.. North Korea is 50 times the threat Russia is. Anyone that disagrees doesn't have a clue.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know that you are making things up, my only question is why? I am as liberal as liberal can be, and my first post in this thread was to proclaim that N. Korea was the worst govt. in the whole world. Yet you come in here blinded by hatred of liberals and are attaching negative attributes to liberals that aren't really held by liberals.

Guess what. N. Korea can be the worst, and Russia can and is still bad. There is room to disapprove of them both.

But of course, you were the person who claimed Russia was an ally shortly before the Assad/Russia team bombed fighters trained for the United States working for the United States in the battle against ISIS. That plane didn't respond to United States military requests to halt the bombing. The United States shot the plane down, and then Russia threatened to down U.S. aircraft.

Kind of hard to support our troops and approve the govt. that does that. Now the Russian govt. isn't as bad as N. Korea by any means, but that doesn't mean we have to be friends with Russia.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When you have a generation of kids who grew up around prank shows like Jackass and Punk'd and having a whole cottage industry of prank videos on Youtube- youths begin to believe that all pranks are just funny jokes and have no consequences.