1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea sentences U.S Student to 15 years hard labor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Would you prefer that we go to war with Iran rather than negotiate with that country? You do realize that it is a country, not a person, right? As you have no doubt noticed, I don't agree with every aspect of the President's foreign policy, particularly in that region, and it wouldn't surprise me terribly if Iran intends to violate the agreement. Rather than insure the death and maiming of tens of thousands, likely hundreds of thousands of Iranians by using a US military that is stretched to the breaking point (golly, thanks George W. Bush), I prefer preserving peace between our two countries and giving Iran at least an opportunity to follow the agreement, closely watching what they do. If they violate the agreement? Slap the sanctions back on them and warm up the B-2's.

Do you prefer war?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All roads lead to Obama for bigotexx.

#62 CometsWin, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What a simpleton's argument from you!

You are presenting a false choice. So much so that you've used it to rationalize negotiation with terrorists. War is not the only other option. Your logic and thinking need work.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you have no answer to my post. I didn't expect one.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

So a citizen from the country the DPRK writes daily over-the-top hate about for mass consumption tries to steal a banner from what is essentially their nutball state religion, and you blame...the US president? Man, did you order a Heineken and get a Bud Light?;)

I think this is easy to prove, bigtexxx. Once Obama is no longer president, just fly to Pyongyang, stay in a hotel, and when your handler is pretending not to watch you, steal a Glorious Banner Proclaiming the Awesomeness of Wonderful Leader and see what happens.

6. bigtexxx

So you assume this guy did in fact steal the banner? Have you fallen for the DPRK's propaganda messaging? First impression bias is a classic pitfall...there are always two sides to any story.

7. bigtexxx

When your question was as amateurish as yours was, it does not deserve a response. You presented a false choice, and I called you out for it.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Again, you post nothing of substance.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah, don't judge when you yourself have page long ramblings dealing with your paranoia of China.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you say that like it is some kind of revelation.

if it rains blame obama

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I make the mistake from time to time of treating texxx like a real person with actual opinions, instead of the troll he obviously is. My bad, as the poet said.

12. bigtexxx

All you can do is hurl insults. Telling. Your bias keeps you from recognizing that negotiating with terrorists has negative effects.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Agree to disagree, come on guys!!!

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iran is a terrorist? Hmm...

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

bump, so they released him, apparently he's in a coma now, dad giving a press conference. Says Obama Admin didn't do jack shet

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If North Korea is smart they should release all prisoners now and issue statements of praise to Donald trump.

Both he and his supporters are so extremely susceptible to flattery they might be allowed to get away with everything

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Any US citizens who go to North Korea are morons.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  18. omgTHEpotential

It's not your ordinary american prison either, it's a ****ing North Korean gulag...

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wonder what they did to him to put him in a coma. I guess this will cut into the tourism revenue for NK

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is Dennis Rodman in line for a nobel peace prize?