1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Norm Macdonald Hosting the 1998 ESPYs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 17, 2013.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yC6TbH_Yzd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6TbH_Yzd4

That time of the year again. I don't watch the ESPYs, but I do make a point of watching this video every year.

The Heisman joke at the end still kills me.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

norm is great. they should always have comedians host these types of events but i guess networks feel they aren't pc enough. john ham, really?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wait what is this, the Adam Clanton show? You're a day late.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Norm Macdonald is such an underrated comic. He could read the phone book and i'd still get a chuckle. Best delivery ever.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

A day late posting something from 15 years ago? What?

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

His roast of Bob Saget was some of the best comedic television I have ever seen.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

take 3 minutes and watch his take on heart attacks, just hilarious.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PoXeHndHlZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

definitely underrated and high on my list for funniest person

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

this..

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man if yall are Norm fans, you really need to check out his video podcast. It's F'ing hilarious. Watch this first eps with Super Dave and tell me if you don't laugh at all. It's all iTunes as well if you want just audio.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E5eIJ5Ev_u4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FNm5u3gkSuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've always thought his Weekend Updates were among the best (if not THE best) in SNL history. LOVE his deadpan delivery. It was a perfect fit for that format. The audience would always wait a few seconds before laughing at his jokes. It took them a few seconds to figure it out. That's when you know you're doing something right as a comic.

I loved it after one of his stories, he'd say "and in addition.....one plus one equals two."

And of course, there's the random non-sequitur reference to (you guessed it...) Frank Stallone that I'm constantly ripping off on here. :)

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Damnit, I accidentally hit post while I was still editing.

Anyways, here is one of my favorite late night talk show moments ever:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lL0WayC7jW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>