1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

None of this matters

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jan 24, 2016.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

McHale,Lawson,Josh,Donuts, and anyone else we're talking about. When you're dealing with a selfish, pseudo superstar, management can change the entire team and it doesn't matter. Winning takes sacrifice and if you dont win,but you sacrificed, then thats life. Harden wants to be the reason the Rockets win vs grasping the concept of the team winning. I've seen this movie before and have seen it alot of times while being on this earth for 45 yrs.

Harden is headed down the path where it will be difficult to find high quality players to play with him, yet the organization will get blamed for not finding good players. This was the same narrative said about the earlier version of Harden, Carmello Anthony. Whether it was the young,ageless wonder of Andre Miller, Allen Iverson, or the mix he went to the conference championship with in Denver. The cast was never good enough for some reason while surrounding certain guys. Same story, different guy, same results. Until a headstrong coach comes in and forces james harden to help his team when he's not pounding the spaulding off the ball, it doesn't matter.

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you may be right.

ive been getting a carmelo vibe from harden lately. im typically very positive about the rockets. at this point though it may be another 10 years or more until the rockets win a championship again.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Only this year is Carmelo a good comparison for Harden. Before this year, there was never a year in which Carmelo had been as efficient as Harden. His career high year for TS% was .561, whereas Harden has not been below 0.600 since his rookie year (ok 0.598 his second year in the league).

Likewise, Carmelo is always hovering in the 15-19 range for AST%, whereas Harden has been above 25% every year as a Rocket.

This year Harden has shot poorly all year, but he's picking back up lately. The TS% is up to 0.584, and it feels like a reasonable expectation that it should go back up above 0.600 before the year is over. Through their entire respective careers, Harden has been a less selfish and more efficient player than Carmelo. That being said, look at the their Team USA performances. They can certainly fit well in a team framework and play at a high level. Harden deserves the same chance that Carmelo got to see how far he can take a team as the alpha leader. Let's hope we see a culture change from the laziness and selfishness that has plagued the team this year. There's still time.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I wonder if the outlook is an age thing...
    I'm also 45 - and have been saying pretty much the same thing for the last couple months... but I keep running into all these harden fanboys that want to keep heaping praise on harden... just wondering if they are too young to know how this kind of scenario plays out (we've seen the movie a few times already...) or if we're just old and jaded - lol...
    I guess time will tell...lol

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We just need to get Carmelo then only one has to bust ass every night. Jk I love harden man but the jokes are gewd tew. Carmelo and smith kimda look alike like ninja turtle bros

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pls have a little patience and wait till the end.

We'll talk in the off season. Major changes should be ahead.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

and how detrimental is Melo's D in comparison?

8. Spacemoth

We've been over this many times.

Leonardo - Zach Randolph
    Donatello - Kyle Lowry
    Raphael - Bonzi Wells
    Michaelangelo - Russell Westbrook

9. leebigez

This has nothing to do with true shooting % or any other stats from last year or the year before. Let me ask you this, how does Harden or Carmello help the other players when they dont have the ball? I will wait.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you guys even watch Carmelo? Dude plays hard every night, and is truly a great player in a very poor system. Has been for years.

That said, The Knicks are on their way to figuring it out, so get these Melo potshots in while you can, because they won't be average for long.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F_Acc35SRG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. leebigez

So in year 13, he's gonna figure it out or the coach gonna figure it out? Steve Kerr and Phil Jackson figured it out pretty quick when they were pushed into situations.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bigez,

what did you think about last year? why was he so motivated?
    did the money and fame do him in?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Inaccurate

Youngest one and fun one(rookie) - Mikey
    Tech freak and genius - Donatello
    Leadership - Leo
    Tough guy - Rapha

15. Spacemoth

The eye test echoes what the stats tell you. James Harden through his career has contributed to winning more than Melo has. This year has been a bad one for James so far. We'll see what happens for the remainder of the year.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, did you learn from your days of being one of the biggest supporters of Steve Francis and one of the last to give up on him?

#16 heypartner, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  17. leebigez

I wasn't a big supporter of Francis. I knew what he was before people called him the Stevie Franchise. Its like when people show you who you are, believe them.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im glad they didnt trade ty. i'd rather them trade harden for a buncha good role players than take it from there, assumign dwight opts out to re-sign. even if we do get a 2nd star we'd have to give up too much.

19. leebigez

Once again, you're missing the point. It has nothing to do with a poor shooting year. I've witnessed this from his ok city 6th man role to his rise of stardom as a Rocket. When you start construction of a team and you have to evaluate whether guards can play together, you're doomed. We're not talking about big men,we're talking wings.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

when people sift through their stats to dig up TS% etc...

I agree with OP, he's right.