1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nokia Lumia 900: 4.3-inch, 4G LTE, exclusive to AT&T

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

Lack of apps is what stops me from getting a WP7. However, I really want a Lumia and that's coming from a guy who loves his Galaxy Nexus lol.

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Hehe.
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z96Sd2byYwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zQZww_C6Zgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If they can turn those into actual commercials it might get somewhere. But the biggest problem with Windows Phone right now is there is a lack of devices, it's not even on Verizon the largest carrier.

If MS can bring WP7 back and overtake Android or Apple it would be one of the biggest feats ever.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

it's going to take time. years probably. verizon and sprint needs to have devices for sure. thats over 100 million customers right there.

no one really jumps carriers for a particular device. everyone thought there would be a mass exodus to verizon from att when they got the iphone. if that didnt happen..why would anyone on verizon or sprint jump to ATT (who has horrible ratings everywhere) for a windows phone they know nothing about?

no one jumped ship to get android. they are getting the best ones their carrier has.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

The next gen of these phones will be good, but i'm not sold on the L900.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Since I'm set for another 2 years, what'd make me kick myself would be a quad core phone that could last longer than 10 hours.

At some point, you begin to wonder when they'll make multi core computers with those chips.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Verizon has the HTC Trophy, Sprint has the HTC Arrive. That's it though. I agree that getting some of these newer devices on the CDMA carriers really needs to happen.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

For Verizon, the lack of LTE is a big reason there aren't so many devices. That should change soon. Plus, Verizon only wants to sell 4GLTE devices apparently

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33370_1-57357241/verizon-all-our-smartphones-will-be-4g-lte/

If you look at the ratings for the HTC Trophy on Verizonwireless.com, they're actually really good. It'd be interesting if Nokia can make a nice little North American push to the market, as well as Windows Phone in general just for competitions sake.

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Not anytime soon. They'd be too low-powered to do much for desktop computers. Perhaps for computers to those in 3rd world countries, etc etc.

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Member

I take a bit of exception with that last statement. I have a Dell Venue Pro. It's an awesome phone with an awesome OS. There are only 2 problems with it. Those 2 being the camera isn't great at all and the apps aren't up to the iOS and Android market, which isn't a problem with the phone per se.

I'm loving the phone personally after having it about 6 months. Beautiful design that I can't say I've seen anywhere else. It has a large screen with a touch keypad as well as a landscape slide out keyboard. The screen is just great coming from a person that had only had iPhones since the smartphone generation began. Here are a few reviews and links about it:

Pocketnow.com: http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/dell-venue-pro-review

zdnet.com: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/review-dell-venue-pro-is-the-best-windows-phone-7-device/5452

With all that said, the Lumia 900 is looking great! Very interested in seeing some reviews.

#52 JusBleezy, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nice to see another Venue Pro owner, there's not many of us around :) . I've really enjoyed mine as well, except like you said the camera is pretty much useless if you are in low light. I'm on a month to month deal right now just because I've been waiting for the Nokia's to come out. Pretty sure I'll be getting the 900 on release day.

14. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Member

I realize I am very late with this, but...... awesome! Don't know anyone else who has one! :) How'd you hear about? You loving it overall?

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Great Deal for the Lumia 900 with AT&T.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/30/...lumia-900-pre-orders-only-those-seeking-cyan/

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well they did with the xbox. If you through enough money it will eventually stick.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

The best AND worst place to be now is person looking for their first full time smartphone. There are SO many options now. Can't go TOO wrong upgrading from a "dumbphone". But then there ARE too many options. If cost isnt much a facstor, how the hell do you pick the RIGHT ONE? lol

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

there's only 3 choices

iphone
    nexus
    nokia wp

19. Two Sandwiches

You could argue the GS2 is better than the Nexus. In about three months, you'll have at least two or three phones better than the nexus, also.*

*I guess it depends on how vanilla you want your phone. Could be a good or bad thing either way.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Got mine preordered today, should arrive on the 6th.