1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Noel or Okafor to be traded

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jamesdelia, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jamesdelia

jamesdelia Member

according to Woj they don't think their talents compliment each other and are likely to trade one of them in the near future.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Not surprised. They made it way too obvious.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So, you're saying there's a chance? :)

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Which one has at least a mid range jumper and can create from the post?

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The asking price should be high.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Neither would have helped the Rockets the way other vet bigs anyways.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know if I'd put "would have". Maybe "neither would help the Rockets". But it seems we've been interested in one or the other player and that will likely continue. Whether or not we have the horses to make such a swap, even a three-team deal, without getting outbid.....don't know.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I tend to disagree.

Noel would instantly be our best interior defender. Okafor would instantly be our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player, though his defense is terrible so I'm not exactly wanting to trade for him.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Noel would be a nice addition for the Rockets. Defense. Maybe they could free up some money, too, depending on who's traded.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Either of the two would be a major acquisition....both with tons of upside, and both have downside risk. Noel would be my preference for us, then again Okafor is nothing to sneeze at.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

No surprise here, it was always more a question of "when" rather than "if"...

I would love to trade for both of these guys, but to be honest, as today, Okafor has my preference I like Noel a lot, but even if he's better than Capela at this point, i think they're pretty similar overall, so i don't really see the point to trade away a lot of assets for him (yeah, that would make Capela expendable but still)...Okafor on the other end, will instantly be our second best player/scorer, with a great contract for two/three more years...and i would love to see him work with Hakeem.

I don't think we'll be able to trade for one of them though, but i hope to be wrong.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can't remember watching Noel play an NBA game. Does he really have much upside?

Based on what he did at Kentucky, I don't see great NBA potential.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As always depends on what you're giving up...considering our roster it's not like we have many young studs that are bonafide stars in the making.

We have Harden and that's it. Capela is about as big a ? as these two guys with less hype behind him and D-Mo still has injury questions around him.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to grab either of them, especially If we could keep Clint.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

never was really impressed with noel and still am not. if i had to pick between the two i would easily take okafor. A much better NBA player

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What could we potentially offer up to them? A package centered around Ariza and Beverley? That couldn't possibly be enough, right? I'm afraid they would ask for Capela, which would be a hard pass for me. I'd be looking to team Capela up with one of them....not go for a swap.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd kill to have either one of them, but you can rest assured that we'll get outbid.

Okafor, especially. Imagine if Yao was available via trade after his rookie year. We would have been demanding a king's ransom.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think either of them could help us, but not tremendously so. Both have glaring flaws in their games that would prevent them from being big-minutes players on a winning team.

But for the right price... sure, why not.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Okafor's glaring flaw is that he was a rookie.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah you're right, Ariza and Beverley makes sense, but it's clearly not enough, especially for Okafor. But i don't think they'll ask Capela, they just don't need him to be honest, if they want that kind of center they can just keep Noel. Clint may be traded to a third team though