1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Noah's Ark

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Apr 28, 2010.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3095&art_id=iol1272434091100D562

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LjpeQU7GIZc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LjpeQU7GIZc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Have they actually shown the evidence to someone who is not part of this ministry?

And they ruled out that it is a human settlement because none had been found so high up in those mountains. By the same logic, shouldn't they also rule out that it is the remnants of a giant ark?

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Notice the OP only posted a link and left no comments of his own about the article. :rolleyes:

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

A team of "fundamentalist christians" from Noah's Ark Ministries International claims to find the actual ark on Mt. Ararat.

[​IMG]

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I gather from the article that they've found a large, 5000 year old wooden structure near a biblical site. I really don't see how we can extrapolate that this is "Noah's Ark" from this yet.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Conveniently, it leaves out the other half: evidence that the oceans rose to the mountaintops.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hopefully it was big enough to fit a male and female of every species of animal.

8. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Like anything else in religion, those who want to believe will...and those who don't want to believe won't.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why all y'all hating on the ark?

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What about those who choose to believe based on evidence and logic?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They will burn in the special hell for using the mental powers God bestowed them with.

12. DonnyMost

We'll most likely get lumped into the second group by people in the first group.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Special hell = party with physics and math majors where the only drink is ZIMA? :(

14. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

In my experience, this group tends to find reason(s) not to believe. What sort of evidence would it take? Anything short of finding Noah's DNA along with a sign that says "This is the Ark God told me to build", will come up short.

That said, I don't think there is any way at all to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Noah's Ark. It's where that pesky 'faith' comes in.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

That doesn't prove anything.

16. DonnyMost

In my experience, the first group tends to find reasons to believe that this group is trying to find reason(s) not to believe.

1 person likes this.
  17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I agree with you all. Uncanny, I know.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This would've been a good Indiana Jones movie if aliens didn't abduct and probe the last one.

19. DonnyMost

You'd be surprised. Don't think that just because we can't find enough evidence for/against "Noah's Ark" that it isn't possible to prove it, or disprove it, using the sci/tech we have today. Scientists are already probably trying to figure out what it would take to get a boat that big that high up, etc.

20. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

True statement. I LOL'd at that.....