1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No voting if you owe court fines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 19, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know who would benefit, but who do you think would benefit?

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Didn't they just pass something related to allowing felons to vote? Seems like they wanna go backwards again.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s a pattern with GOP legislators ignoring the public will and skewing the system to maintain their power. Floridian passed a constitutional amendment to allow felon that has served their time to vote with 64% in support. I read that a large number of them own fines and up to 80% are too poor to pay. The GOP wouldn't allow the will of the people to stand and formulating ways to maintain their power. We've seen this behaviors in other states. This is anti-democratic and it seems some folks are fine with it.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard this morning.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Citizens passed a referendum allowing ex felons not in jail, not convicted for murder of felony rape to have their voting rights restored. The state legislators seem to disagree with the people they represent and created this.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Here's the text of the referendum:

"This amendment restores the voting rights of Floridians with felony convictions after they complete all terms of their sentence including parole or probation. The amendment would not apply to those convicted of murder or sexual offenses, who would continue to be permanently barred from voting unless the Governor and Cabinet vote to restore their voting rights on a case by case basis."

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

thanks for that.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Just wanted to say this is an underrated movie. Enjoyed at as a kid for the boobies, and enjoyed it later for the layers to it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I highly doubt that.

10. King1

I'm not unhinged. You are a troll. It's well documented here. It's hilarious that you created a fake persona on an internet message board. You were literally banned for it and multiple posters called you out.

These are facts

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Is it fascist to deliberately try to win elections by doing whatever to keep poor and non-white folks from voting? Perhaps, but it certainly is not democratic yet the Repugs have no shame. They are not even trying to use the excuse of "voter fraud". No shame.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You know who else is reaching critical mass of no shame?

Bernie Bros.

Harrisment likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet here I am despite it all.

And yet you are the one trolling and being an a-hole.

Isn't it Ironic? Like your wedding day?

#53 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They had shame from the get go?

15. KingCheetah

Maybe not unhinged, but I think a little WD-40 is in order.

16. King1

I'm trolling? You can think I'm an a-hole but I am not a troll. You, on the other hand, are completely fake and the facts speak for themselves as I said.

You can make any excuse you want but nobody believed you nor should they. Seems that you have a problem owning your own issues and instead deflect blame upon others. How anyone could take you seriously is beyond me

17. KingCheetah

They were once a peaceful people who simply wanted to feel the Bern.

18. King1

That's cute that you are a fan of my posting. Post what I was responding to as well.

Not even sure why you are a part of this conversation?It's cool, I guess it never hurts to have cheerleaders

19. KingCheetah

You've been on quite an angry streak lately -- I hope with the help of some lube you can get things running smoothly again.

20. King1

Just keep those pom-poms waving.

Don't be selective about who you say that to. I might be harsh on occasion but that's my business. If I am over the line then I am sure someone would fill me in . Last I checked you don't moderate this forum so forgive me if I take your "advice" with a grain of salt.

Again, you interjected yourself in this conversation . I didn't quote you. Not only that but you took a post from the NBA dish and didn't use the entire context. Pretty sad