1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No trading for a superstar...Rockets will be alright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokito1120, Jul 18, 2012.

1. rocketseagles07

6 #1 draft picks have won a ship with the team they got drafted by in the history of the league. Stop acting like picks are a guarantee, *waits for you to use common sense*

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Maybe if the "STAR" was Dream or Jordan, otherwise we need a BUNCH to be upper echelon. Howard is no Dream not to mention the FACT that he is INJURED and may never be the same.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

"A collective group of good players" as given us the 14th pick three years in a row.

Now I agree we need to keep as many of these rooms as we can, but if the opportunity of getting Bynum or Howard longs term is there... You take it.

But let Orlando look around the rest of the league for a better trade all they want, eventually they will realize that we are there best option. At that point he get stingy and take lamb and white or jones off the table.

Martin, Pat, Morris, Jones/white, picks is way better than anderson varajoa... I don't care what Ric the b**** Bucher says!

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

fixed

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Yet players like Paul Pierce, Nowitzki and Wade are title winners, as are Chalmers, Haslem and countless others who have spent their entire careers with one team. Building chemistry counts for a lot. I'll let teams who have number one picks worry about you and Adande's meaningless stat. I'm glad Leslie Alexander sees something in these players, too.

6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

as much as i would love to see these guys grow together, dwight has shown to be a dominant player at the NBA level. you can't just pass on the best center in the league if the opportunity arises. like others have said, maybe this will work out in our favor now that these guys have established more value.

7. willieg52

willieg52 Member

I'm so tired of hearing about Howard it almost makes me sick. Personally I'd like to have Bynum because he's younger and a late bloomer that has his best years ahead of him. I'm glad of the job Morey has done to assembling this young group of talented rookies and him bringing D-Mo over on top of that. We have a very exciting team and I'm going to attend many more games then the dozen or so I went too last season which was probably the least amount of times in a season I've ever gone to in 20 years. We even have a Lottery Pick from Toronto next year so there's a lot to look forward to this upcoming season for all Rockets Fans! Just

8. willieg52

willieg52 Member

I'm so tired of hearing about Howard it almost makes me sick. Personally I'd like to have Bynum because he's younger and a late bloomer that has his best years ahead of him. I'm glad of the job Morey has done to assembling this young group of talented rookies and him bringing D-Mo over on top of that. We have a very exciting team and I'm going to attend many more games then the dozen or so I went too last season which was probably the least amount of times in a season I've ever gone to in 20 years. We even have a Lottery Pick from Toronto next year so there's a lot to look forward to this upcoming season for all Rockets Fans!

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Name me a team that signed a superstar diva with a bad back,that didn't want to play for said team,and won a title ?

Go ahead ...I'll wait ...

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You're talking about the OP, right?

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The Rockets don't need to trade for Dwight to get a superstar. With Lin, Lamb, DMo, Jones and White they have 4 or 5 chances right there that one of those guys is a "star" in 2 years. I really think one of those guys ends up being a star. And then you couple that with the Toronto lottery pick, you have a great chance at getting a star by building within. The OKC model is the way to go. Dwight doesn't even want to be here anyway, and I just don't see Bynum being THE guy for a championship team.

1 person likes this.
  12. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I'm not saying we shouldn't pursue a superstar...but giving these guys time to develop (ie. lose yet get better...yet more importantly lose) will probably only increase most of their trade values. Of course, you are playing with fire here. But it stands to reason that our rookies look to possibly be real players....it wouldn't be a horrible thing to let them gain value; while at the same time....gain draft slots.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Any thread against breaking this team up.....5 star!!!;)

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This should be our team of the future. Try to add Bynum in the offseason.

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The thing is most fans would love a super star,but really there is a reason so many are against it .. The available choices are both huge head cases... and if that's not enough they are both a huge injury risk ...AND one will probably try to do whatever he can to get away from us..

Many fans are just not star struck enough to be falling all over ourselves,just to worship at the feet of howard. You all think he's gonna show up and lead us to the promised land ..smh ..ask orlando how that worked out for them

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So you are just willing to ignore the progress of the rookies so far, just to fulfill your Dwight Howard rental fantasy??

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Uh you already omitted the team that won, it can be done but it is extremely difficult. I do like what I see from the rookies so far but come on guys, its only the summer league. Nothing to go too crazy about. Remember Donte Green? He dropped 40pts in the summer league, where is he now? Still developing right? We'll see how they all perform in the regular season but our future looks bright for sure. Even if we can't get Dwight or Bynum, we can always tank properly next year and draft a better player next year, we'll see. And we have the raptors draft pick next year as well, it might be good it might not be. But at least we have more options.