1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

No Tmac, no Artest, no Ariza, no Yao..the Rockets are boring once again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

You lost me at "Ariza"

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think thats because you were understanding my idea as "I love those players because they were such productive who put up big stat lines". But the fact that they were especially productive was only a element of my argument.

One of the things they brought to the team and the franchise was their assertive flair, personal style, and a brilliant aura that lightened up the team.

Ariza was no slouch when it came to that. He wasn't just a few columns of stats.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Ariza had personality and flair?

ROFLCOPTERZ Up N Th1z B!aTcH

4. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

puff puff pass buddy...

TMac WAS great, RonRon helped us out quiet a bit, Yao was, is and will be great...

do not sully the aforementioned names by putting them up next to Ariza, I dont hate the guy, but he's nowhere close...

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I have this guy's posts blocked for a reason :)

6. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

I think Bud has more flair than Ariza. Actually,I think Lee and Ish Smith both have more "flair". I miss the toughness with Artest, I'll give you that one. But, Yao was never an exciting player, even when he playing 35+ and Tmac always looked lazy. THe only ime he didn't was the epic 13 pts in 33s against the spurs...face it, Rockets aren't like the LeBron/Wade/Kobe/Durant type if team. They aren't going to go for power blocks, power dunks, etc. They get the job done at the end of the day anyway.

7. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

ARizaaaa???!!! Dear god.

Oh.

I get it.

You mean when he took that elbow swing at that dude's head and missed, right?

ahhh, personal style FTW!!

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pg_1UhX__E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pg_1UhX__E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJZUy3KOBe8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJZUy3KOBe8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This isn't exciting at all.....

1 person likes this.
  9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Scola is so much better than Ariza, in everything:

- stats
    - hustle
    - heart
    - fierce

How are they boring, I dont get it?? You have a very good players, and very hard workers playing

I loved watching Brooks hitting the clutch shots to win games.

And Yao, is coming from a very serious injury, you cant let him play all the game right away.

seeing the rockets winning games is exciting, do you think the spurs fans thought they were boring when they were winning all those championships?
    Do you think the suns fans think is fun to lose always in the playoffs, with their playing style?

and if you think they are boring, then dont watch them this season, find another team like the heat or the lakers with stars, or watch now the hornets, because they have now ariza.

Ariza was never a fan favorite, and last year he wasnt the face of the franchise, the main stars last year were scola and brooks and martin later.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'll adjust this comment to say that the the delivery of the post is sound. Its decently thought out, articulated nicely, and COHERENT which that in itself can be GARM bonus points.

I just don't agree with the points and some of the examples stated.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Can someone tell me what ariza is talented at? People keep saying he is talented for whatever reason...He is athletic and can be a decent on the ball defender because of his length, but talented he is not.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hate fair-weather fans.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ariza was long, I'm not sure that is exciting. He certainly was not quick or athletic. He was one of the most uncoordinated players thus team has ever had.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I will take a one dimensional player over a ZERO dimensional player. Ariza was bad on both ends of the court

15. koopa

koopa Member

So you want yao to play more than 24 minutes and get injured again for the playoffs? You are an epic troll. I think 24 minutes is good for yao..the season's long for him especially and his track record of injuries. ANd he can be effective when he's fresh in 24 minutes than 40 minutes every game where he will be inconsistent anyway and less effective and to top that his injury proneness.

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

lmao @ Trevor Ariza being the backbone of the houston rockets.

17. sew

sew Member

Brilliant aura?

:grin: :grin:

18. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

That flush gave most 99.999% of the BBS great relief!

19. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

apparently someone needs to flush this thread starter too...

1 person likes this.
  20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Hey mister...people are allowed to voice their opinions. Especially on a BBS like this. Or is that incorrect?

I know it seems my opinion and ideas aren't the one of popularity and conformity in this case, but however I'm proud of my opinion.

While you just stay classy there, buddy. ;)