1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Tmac, no Artest, no Ariza, no Yao..the Rockets are boring once again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Oct 16, 2010.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ok, dude I think you need to go back and read the OP. "Boring" was a very generalised term I used to describe the whole point. The team is not "boring" in the facet that they are boring to watch like the San Antonio Spurs or the Charlotte Bobcats etc etc...but this team has no flare and no passion to drive us towards winning ambitions. The team is boring in that facet that the team doesn't have a central beacon that our team is able to show us the light and there is no passion behind all those points we poured in.

we don't have that man driving us to the top. we don't have that man making the crucial key play down the stretch, we don't have that man to be that "x-factor" for the team.

Thats how the team is "boring"

I'm not 100% certain that we'd have won these two games with Ariza, but I'm 100% certain that we'd have lost these two games WITHOUT Ariza. :)

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This team isn't boring. There is only one problem with this team. It needs a player who can step up and say I want to take the three when we need it. Scola is the man when we need a two, and even Yao and Martin. But these last two games, as well as last season when the Rockets are down by six with around 29 seconds left no one will take a three. The smart thing to do is go for the three, hope the other team misses, and have a chance to send it to OT. Even when the Rockets are down by three with less than 10 seconds I've seen them go for the two.

Kevin Martin can solve this problem with good coaching. He needs to be the one to start taking them. It's not so bad if he misses, but he needs to get used to being the designated three point shooter in these situations.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Thats somewhat what I've been saying all along. Although what I've said is that its not just the 3 that no one is able to take, its the fact that no one can take any kind shot when we need a basket the most in crunchtime.

I want to clarify that I don't mean "boring" as in "boring to watch",,like the charlotte bobcats etc etc

I mean boring..as in "there is no one to take the big shot when we need one and no one to step up and become the guy T-Mac used to be."

THese two games showed it.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Do you suggest we trade Jermaine Taylor for T-Mac just so he can be the guy to take shots in these situations?

All joking aside, Rick did a great job developing our young players last season. The only thing he needs to work on this season is getting players in good situations to make shots late in the game. If we need a three, Martin should be the guy to take it. His system needs to work for four quarters since it doesn't require a ball stopper.

We have to get over the fact that the Rockets are not a good defensive team anymore.

edit: Three years ago Jon Barry said it would take the Rockets at least 3 years to learn Adelman's system. At first, I disagreed. After seeing Adelman's system slowly integrated over the last few years I can safely say he was right. The Rockets have learned it. The only problem is they need to execute it for four quarters.

The possibilities will be limitless.

#304 BEAT LA, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010