1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Tmac, no Artest, no Ariza, no Yao..the Rockets are boring once again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Oct 16, 2010.

1. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

All I gotta say is from what it looks like 98% of the people don't agree with your point of view, give you props for sticking to your arguments but by now I would just give up. Ariza was a decent young role player, but easily replaceable :) T-mac was def an exciting player to watch and my favorite Rocket during his prime but I think with AB stepping up playing like an allstar and Kmart looking like he's gonna have one of his best years, Im happy with this team and will be exciting to watch with all the dept we have. You will change your mind after blowing up the lakers at staples in the season opener! ;)

2. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

I hate to spit on your gummy bears, but as bad as you want it to be a "family" the NBA is a business first. That will never change, never has. You can either hate the new lineups or embrace them as the pseudo familia they will always be. Like others on this thread, I am surprised you even mentioned Ariza and Lazy McGrady, one was just a mediocre role player the other was nonchalant at the end of his career (AND NO IM NOT COUNTING HIS INJURY)and seemed like he did not care on the team's direction - to me that's not a team "heart".

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Ariza > Lee

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You just couldn't wait to pull this crap thread up again, could you??!! :rolleyes:

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

LOL, how so?

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

How so?

We'd have won the game if Ariza was at SF today.

:)

7. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Ariza can throw down some exciting big dunks no current Rocket can, except for maybe Budinger

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

This.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Because an occasional power dunk (overrated) is definitely more valuable than being coordinated, dribbling a basketball, shooting ability, and defense. None of those matter if you can dunk. Hell, that must mean Gerald Green should be brought back, he can dunk even better than Ariza, that must mean he is great

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Courtney can't even do a layup ;)

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Prove it.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Is the proof not obvious enough?

We won last year at Staples with Ariza.

We lost this year at Stapes without Ariza even though we had Kevin Martin and Yao Ming.

Oh yea, what did that Kobe guy do to our defense this game?

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

No.

We won last year at Staples with Ariza. True, we also had Landry and Lowry.

We lost this year at Stapes without Ariza even though we had Kevin Martin and Yao Ming. We also didn't have Lowry and turned the ball over a ridiculous amount.

Oh yea, what did that Kobe guy do to our defense this game? He torched us, butyou know what? He torches everybody, even Ariza.

14. triAGlete

triAGlete Member

Dude did you watch any of the games since 2003? How did Tracy rule any land in between LeBron and Kobe? Are you serious? the only thing he ruled was sitting on the bench, crying about injuries and stealing $20MM a year from the Rockets. Tracy ruled nothing. He is not even close to a star anymore. He is younger than Kobe yet somehow more washed up than any other former "star" in the league - Jerry Stackhouse is more valuable now. After reading your post i can pretty much conclude you know NOTHING about basketball or probably life in general. I award you no points and May God have mercy on your soul.

2 people like this.
  15. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

This thread is fail... That game last night was exciting as was our style of play. Love having Yao back... saw flashes of some serious fire under his butt too.

Exciting players on this team:

Brooks, Lowry, Lee, Budinger, Scola, Yao, Miller (he is the master of the backdoor cut pass)

I'll take exciting team ball anyday over ISO T-Mac jumpshot machine.

16. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

McGrady couldn't win a single playoff series, you think it's a coincidence that our best playoff run this decade came right after mcgrady was injured lol?

What kind of a moron likes big names instead of skilled ballers?

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]

18. Danbury

Danbury Member

I miss Vassilis Spanoulis and Stromile Swift. Man them two guys was Rocket basketball.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was not a boring team. we lost by 2 points and had a chance to win it against the 2 time defending champions in their building.

We don't have DnP or Artest or Ariza, but we did have Yao.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True dat.

It's hard to say what kind of effect Yao had on this game; he made an enormous, intimidating difference on the defensive end, but he completely curb stomped a lot of offensive possessions. I'm looking to seeing improvement from him.