1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Tmac, no Artest, no Ariza, no Yao..the Rockets are boring once again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Oct 16, 2010.

1. sew

sew Member

how is your argument valid?

how does Ariza's brilliant aura lighten up a team?

2. tmaculate

tmaculate Member

does anyone remeber the detroit pistons? when they won the championship with billups and co...no true high flyer or above the rim player there...just good old fashioned team b-ball...but i do agree houston like dallas has no above the rim player...it just gives that team a little extra umph, if they do have a human highlight reel, for fans and teamates it gets them pumped, it brings everyone to thier feet, you get the "ohhhhsss" and "dammmmmm" you get to watch it on the nba's top plays of the day...i will even put scolas fancy lay ups in the ohhhhsss and dammmm catagory cause he just freezes his defender...but all in all we have a great hoston team...sorry for the rant...

1 person likes this.
  3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Even though I don't agree with W22_Streak I dislike name calling and Ariza might prove him correct and the rest of us incorrect, Maybe 3/4ths through the season he might be able to pull this thread back up and show us we were wrong.
    Ariza might really fit a different system well.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ya I guess the rockets are boring now... I mean, the preseason game vs the Pacers was extremely boring. We don't have any athletic players that can get above the rim and finish one handed alley-oops. All we have are good young players with upside but we don't want or need that. We need players that show up every game and give their all, who can dribble, who don't put out rap albums, and aren't divas. We need players like Ariza/Artest/T-Mac. I'm starting it now.... Petition for those players to come to the rockets to make a Big 3.

5. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Are you Trevor Ariza's Grandmother? And, um, Kevin Martin is not a role player. If it were possible to rate a thread lower than 1, this would get a sub-zero ranking.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lock this baby up. If you "know" that your "evidence" is accurate, put it in your sig.

By mid-season, you'll erase the nonsense.

The Rockets will continue to be supported by true fans, with or without you and your fandom for Ariza.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Enough with all this Ariza hate! Ariza was a great role player!! :grin:

8. alethios

alethios Member

David Stern must be trolling on this board now. He'll always be a Rockets hater, because he can't spare the love he has for the Lakers, Celtics, Magic and Heat.

With that said, W22_Streak (Stern) should have a little love left over for Yao, if he plays.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The current roster doesn't exactly have me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a spectular play. Let's just hope they can just play winning basketball.

10. LandryMegaBeast

trollololololololololololololol

11. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'm speechless ...

Sorry you didn't provide evidence to prove your point ... no wait, you actually did. The point was that you love Ariza, for which you provided more than adequate evidence. Evidence does not exist that will prove what you are claiming about Ariza to be true ... but I don't have to prove that ... you've handled that nicely. Not only are your points inaccurate, but several of them were presented in such poorly constructed sentences that it really didn't matter what you were trying to say.

I hope you enjoy watching and rooting for the Rockets! I know I will!

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Oh this is about losing Ariza? :eek: :grin: Call me embarrassed. I thought we where talking about if we needed a Superstar. LOL! Well in that case Ariza is no Martin thats for sure. Kevin Martin and Aaron Brooks mightbe the best scoring backcourt in the whole NBA. They are both more exciting than Ariza to watch and semi stars. I find them fun to watch. Everyone comes to see Yao still. I tell you? There is absolutely no appreciation among ESPN and the NBA to the top franchise that is pulling in a billion potential viewers from China. None whatsoever in terms of respect to a team that flagships an entire country for your organization. Entire country other than America and larger in audience. If anything? They should give Yao and the Rockets the Superstar ultra ref calls for every game for what this organization has done for the NBA and basketball bringing it to China. If Yao looks at someone wrong? He should get a call right there. :grin:

13. lokeej

lokeej Member

Boring? Boredom is a state of mind, which has got to suck for you! I find this team anything BUT boring! We have a solid 5, and one of the deepest bench in the league this season. Which team are you watching?

McGrady generated a buzz BUT never really did anything for the Rockets BUT pad up his stats the first 3 years. After that, his stubbornness overtook him and NOW he's not even half of what he used to be. Not to mention, McGrady dribbled too much and always shot that spontaneous brick 3pt attempt. At least Kobe, Wade, Lebron, etc. have gotten their team pass the 1st round of the playoffs. Not McGrady!

For Artest, he generated a buzz as well. Artest tried to do way too much, and I really don't believe he lived up to his hype. And then, you mention Ariza! I guess you were one of the few who probably got excited when we got him last year? Not me! He never proved himself before the being with the Rockets, and hasn't since.

Yao is limited minutes for the smart reason...to NOT overdue it and relapse (which McGrady's stubborn head didn't do!). Yao's downfall is his legs and feet. Can you honestly say that a 7'6" 310 lbs+ person, who plays basketball almost all year around, won't have feet and leg injuries? WE don't need Yao to play until around All-Star break (really)! I think Yao's return this year is very energizing and can't wait for this season!

Give the Rockets a chance to start the season before you make an assessment of boredom with them! If you've played basketball in your life, then you will recognize that we play team ball, and that is far from being boring (as a Rockets fan). That strengthens the players as a whole!

Red Rolling!!!!

14. koby1868

koby1868 Member

The only good you had to say about ariza was that he was a great dunker... That's exactly what James White was for the rockets and he never saw the floor. He took far less shots after the trade. Putting him back in his rightful place as nothing more than an average role player with above average jumping ability. Like you said he's 6'8'', he should be able to dunk. You're points are wack and your opinion is just crazy. Take a look at the team and stop thinking about what used to be. There are explosive and exciting players on this roster and i guarantee you'll see a highlight for 100 this season. Stop crying about who's not here. Tmac and Ariza.... come on man. Lay off the crack pipe

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Oh yeah? Is that so?

You know why your answer could be actually be totally right, unfortunately?

Because no player on this team stands out enough to command the domination of the team and the game in key situations and deliver the killer blow for the team.

In a way, we resemble the Detroit Pistons of 2004 and we resemble the Minnesota Timberwolves of 2010.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

It’s not so much that the Magic can’t score with their perimeter players, but when Houston needs a bucket, who do you give it to? Martin? Brooks? See the problem?

Brooks has proven he can be a go-to guy for the Rockets on the perimeter, but the problem is that he can’t do it consistently enough. No one is sure if KMart can fulfill that responsibility, for the simple fact that he’s no sure bet to be the highly potent player that he once was. Yeah, Brooks and KMart can create shots for themselves but they aren't that kind of clutch star with the requisite skills and dependability, like a McGrady or an Anthony, which makes their margin of error to score much higher than it needs to be.

This is where Yao’s evolution needs to be completed, to mask this weakness for the Rockets. If Yao can become the go-to scorer for Houston, something that he’s always been capable of doing, then the Rockets should be fine. But if he can’t, then there are going to be times when Houston will be looking for someone to score and having a hard time getting the result that they want.

But he ain't gonna be that go-to scorer for Houston playing 20 mins a night while taking back-to-backs off.

He ain't gonna be that go-too scorer for Houston playing under Adelman's system.

And so Houston is not fine.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

^^^^^^^
    oops I mean the Rockets

REPOST:
    It’s not so much that the Magic can’t score with their perimeter players, but when Houston needs a bucket, who do you give it to? Martin? Brooks? See the problem?

Brooks has proven he can be a go-to guy for the Rockets on the perimeter, but the problem is that he can’t do it consistently enough. No one is sure if KMart can fulfill that responsibility, for the simple fact that he’s no sure bet to be the highly potent player that he once was. Yeah, Brooks and KMart can create shots for themselves but they aren't that kind of clutch star with the requisite skills and dependability, like a McGrady or an Anthony, which makes their margin of error to score much higher than it needs to be.

This is where Yao’s evolution needs to be completed, to mask this weakness for the Rockets. If Yao can become the go-to scorer for Houston, something that he’s always been capable of doing, then the Rockets should be fine. But if he can’t, then there are going to be times when Houston will be looking for someone to score and having a hard time getting the result that they want.

But he ain't gonna be that go-to scorer for Houston playing 20 mins a night while taking back-to-backs off.

He ain't gonna be that go-too scorer for Houston playing under Adelman's system.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uhhhhhhh running low on coffee...

so lets try again..... :cool:

It’s not so much that the Rockets can’t score with their perimeter players, but when Houston needs a bucket, who do you give it to? Martin? Brooks? See the problem?

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

^^^^^

Note: the ROCKETS. NOT the Magic. lol :p

20. AQS18

AQS18 Member

You want team oriented b-ball?

The Rockets are gonna suprise everyone, with our without a superstar!