1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No suspension for Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jeevinesh, May 23, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

Where the F is Kendrick Perkins when you need him? Guy would have choke slammed the scum bag Draymond Green with zero ****s given

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I hope someone from the Thunder kicks someone from the Warriors tonight just to see if the NBA has the balls to do something.

3. Fantasma Negro

I need an explanation

[​IMG]
    Suspension

[​IMG]
    No suspension

So wtf, Adam Silver is as inconsistent as Goddell

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cameron Payne needs to study footage of Bowen sliding his foot under jump shooters. Put him on Curry for a few minutes. Now we're even.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

In fact Green kick is worse if you look at normal speed, cause he really kicks him to hurt him, Harden did just a little shove so...this is a complete joke.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

More like Goebbels amirite

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

That said, i was ok with the Warriors winning this series and still am cause i want a little hope about KD coming here but damn, on the other hand i would be so happy if OKC knocks them out playing some really (and i mean REALLY) physical games...

8. what

what Member

You know what would be awesome is if OKC organized a strike. They aren't going to do this because they probably win tonight anyway and they don't want to jeopardize their chances.

But what if okc told the league we aren't playing until you suspend draymond. It would be bedlam at the league office.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

What really makes the league look guilty here is how it was handled. No comments from the Shaq and the other guys during the game, then a late release yesterday. Also, they posted the interview with Kiki last night at 12am eastern, which was met with compete skepticism, so it appears they limited Twitter responses. Also, the Q&A was done by Amick, who's essentially a GSW beat writer.

That's the kind of stuff to look for.

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I feel like Billy D is a classy guy and would be above this but if I was the coach I would sub in Nazr Mohammed late in the 3rd quarter and have him foul the **** out of Green.

11. count_dough-ku

I get that there's star treatment when it comes to foul calls and letting certain guys get away with things like shuffling their feet or palming the ball, but there should be no exceptions made when it comes to suspensions.

I don't recall the league looking the other way when members of the Knicks were lured away from the bench in that 1997 series against the Heat or when Suns players stepped away from their bench 10 years later when Horry hipchecked Nash into the scorer's table. Those guys were all suspended according to the rules even though it pretty much handed the series to Miami and San Antonio respectively.

I hope for the NBA's sake, Green doesn't go on to have a career performance in Game 4 which helps the Warriors eek out a close victory and then a series win. They'll never hear the end of it from Thunder fans(and a lot of NBA fans for that matter).

12. Duncan McDonuts

If that happens, it'll unfortunately be forgotten a week later when the next controversial thing happens. Remember the end of SAS-OKC game 2? No repercussions, just a league notice saying "whoops, we'll do better next time".

The NBA has consistently avoided addressing controversial officiating by dodging until the next controversy happens. It's their protocol. If OKC wins, then people forget anyway because they'll think all is right in the world. If GSW wins, then the NBA will just stay hush until the next thing.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I love the excuse that this is just how he shoots. Like we should give a F that he likes to kick around him when he shoots.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Harden's kick may not have been terribly malicious, but it was definitely intentional. He had no plausible deniability. Green does. His hit was more like Kobe's arm-flailing. Of course, even the the great Kobe Bryant got suspended for that before.

15. Buck Turgidson

"Nazr...sic balls"

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

That's what we call the "Karl Malone Method"......

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This league is becoming more and more of a joke every year.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Intent doesn't matter. Here is the criteria:
    Green's kick checked 5 of the 6 criteria for a flagrant. Here's JVG and Marc Jackson talking about it last night: https://streamable.com/13l5. They blasted the league.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrook wasn't suspended for kicking duncan in the midsection during the playoffs 2014. Lyles wasn't suspended for hitting Frye in the midsection earlier this season. this list isn't all of the incidents associated with this and really is just another tool for all the people that believe Green should of been suspended

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We VERY rarely see such unanimous agreement on a subject as we have on this one.

Almost everyone thinks the NBA got it wrong, except Warrior fans.

lol. Nice trolling. Are you familiar enough with human anatomy to know the distinction between groin and midsection?