1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet both these guys make Tom Savage look like Carson Wentz!

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You don't see irony in someone saying its should only be based on talent and most everyone that objects to Kaep being signed do so for reasons other than whether he is more talented than the three QBs the Texans do have on the roster?

Notice I don't even touch on the politics that seem to drive most of the opposition...

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually most people's primary objection is that he's terrible at football, the political BS just makes it worse that he sucks at football.

If he was actually a good NFL QB, I don't think many would be against signing him....but of course, he wouldn't be available to be signed if he was actually a good NFL QB.

Those who support signing him, do so merely for political reasons given that there's no other reason to sign an awful QB with that kind of baggage unless you view his baggage as a good thing.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I acknowledge Kap is more talented than Savage (who isn't?) but still don't want him and it has nothing to do with his personal political reasons. A few others have agreed with me too. I think you want to believe that most everyone who doesn't want him is for personal political reasons because it "proves" your discriminating views against certain people. This is a football forum and whether you like it or not, there are many good football reasons to NOT sign Kap. There are some good reasons to sign him too which is great for debate but debate shouldn't include nuanced or suggestive discrimination like you do/did.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

At what point did I write anything or even imply anything about "discriminating"? I have only posted on football reasons to sign Kaep. You know, the "more talented" one.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

As opposed to Yates and McGloin who we all know are absolute game changers and world beaters. For sure.
    As we all know, you are the QB guru on this here forum. The sage of sages when it comes to Texans QBs. How's Brock playing lately?
    Keep doing what you do and rather than just saying you detest his political ideas and playing style stick to the proven garbage take that he's an awful QB while legitimately awful QB's take up space on NFL rosters and specifically, your favourite teams roster.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one says that they'll be game changers or world beaters. There's no game changer or world beater available, so it's kind of stupid to roll with that straw man.

When it comes to Brock, are you still under the impression that I was ever a fan of his? LOL crazy kids like you need to stop listening to trolls so much. It makes you sound as foolish as them.

When your options are garbage or garbage with AIDS, you pick the plain garbage.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Those who support signing Kaep see a mobile dual threat QB of which this Texans offense has become once Watson had taken over. Saying Kaep is a terrible football player who is worse than Savage, McGloin, and Yates is a joke. The Texans would be better off just picking Greg Ward Jr off the street and starting him rather than retread these crap QBs. BOB might be a good OC but he sure stinks as a HC.

Fulgore likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's good that you think that, but literally no team in the NFL agrees with your take on the quality of Kap's game (or Greg Ward Jr's for that matter). I'm sure you know best though.

10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

This is a really disingenuous take. Nobody is saying he is Aaron Rodgers, but he is indisputably better than the guys who are getting tryouts for teams right now. Trying to argue otherwise is a lame attempt at hiding your personal politicization of the issue.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he was as good as you suggest, he'd be on an NFL team. So either you are suggesting that you know better than every NFL team, or that there is some massive conspiracy where literally every team put a personal grudge ahead of their team's own interests.

Either way, it's crazy talk.

12. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Mike McCarthy 10/17/17:
    “I got three years invested in Brett Hundley, two years invested in Joe Callahan, the quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be.”

November 1st - Packers desperately try to sign Brian Hoyer, who spurns them for the Patriots.

I agree, this is crazy.

Fulgore likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I could literally not care less about his political protest/anthem stuff. I also have no idea how good he would be here, in this system with these receivers. I have my suspicions. I KNOW how good Tom Savage is here, in this system, with these receivers.

One huge benefit of signing him and letting him succeed or fail on the field is that if he succeeds, someone will sign him next year. If he fails, he's definitively out of the league. Either way, we'd quit hearing about him every time a QB gets hurt.

ferrari77 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not really crazy, it's just that your analysis of how good a QB Kap is simply is radically different from the way every team in the NFL views him. Teams are desperate for actual QB talent, if they thought he had any, he'd be signed.

Either that or we'd have to go full Alex Jones and think that it's a conspiracy

[​IMG]

Let's be better than that.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you've forgotten about the Vince Young years. Even if he fails, his supporters will say that it was because he was sabotaged or whatever.....no matter how many times he fails. Their support never had anything to do with his actual abilities.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Any explanation, other than the protesting, for why the Browns and Broncos were trying to trade for Kaepernick before the 2016 season but now won't even bring him in for a tryout?

Before you answer, keep in mind that, statistically, his 2016 season was worlds above 2015.. and teams still were trying to acquire him after 2015.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@NewRoxFan - "Notice I don't even touch on the politics that seem to drive most of the opposition..."
    That right there is suggestive discrimination. You don't (I'm the good guy) touch politics but most opposition (them are bad guys) does. You have a perception of non-Kap folks that is undeserved and you continue to ignore all the football reasons giving from non-Kap guys. You don't listen because it's not what you want to see or hear. All you see and hear is confirmation bias your perspective craves. Listen!!, folks are telling you there ARE football reasons. Have the decency to believe them and perhaps debate those football reasons.

Maybe start with this really good SI article which literally has to clarify at the beginning because of folks like you and that's terrible.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/07/colin-kaepernick-backup-quarterbacks

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, how about seeing him play in 2016? He was pretty good when it came to a team looking to tank, but it was pretty clear he had nothing to offer a team by way of positives. I mean, the team won more games with Blaine Gabbert between 2015 and 2016 despite Kap starting 6 more games. How is it hard to see that he's absolute trash as a player? I mean, look at his best season ever, his passing yards per game would be good for 26th in the league....and that's the best he ever was.

He's just another QB that was made to look good due to "just winz" by being carried by an elite defense for a few years. We have seen this many times before. Remember when Mark Sanchez was the "Sanchize"? Yeah, what happened when the Jets defense stopped being elite? We realized Mark Sanchez was actually god awful at being a QB. Kap is no different....well, yeah, he kind of is. As much as Sanchez sucks, Kaepernick is actually worse as a passer. Honestly you might as well just run the wildcat with Braxton Miller as opposed to signing him. The results would be similar.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Sigh, can't believe I allowed myself to get trolled into having a conversation with someone who has no intention to get into an honest discussion about football ability. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is this where you have no counter to what I said, so you just make baseless accusations?

Fair enough, I'll consider this your concession. It's pretty clear that you had no intentions of having an actual discussion, you just wanted to prop up a scrub and have everyone accept it as fact.