1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good points that Kap fits well into the new scheme

Savage gonna get sacked like 10 times

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the only thing you want is a mobile QB, why not just play Braxton Miller? I mean, it's basically the same as picking up Kap and Miller doesn't have the baggage.

3. texian

texian Member

One reason why teams haven't signed Kaepernick...

Ray Lewis said Ravens would have signed Colin Kaepernick if not for girlfriend's tweet
    ESPN

Aldon Smith’s Ex-Nessa, Who is Dating Kap, Cheated on Him With John Wall

BlackSportsOnline 2015

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'd rather tank so our late picks are higher/more valuable.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans could try a Vick type deal. Sign him for two years on the cheep and trade him in the offseason if he does well.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

And an easier schedule next year. Even without our picks, 3-13 still helps more than 6-10 or 8-8

ipaman likes this.
  8. ipaman

Great point and I don't want an angsty teenager running the offense.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don't care about that part, i just want what's best for the team long term.

10. Mr. Space City

i never said anything about race.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

McNair may decide signing Kaep will take some of the heat off his comments, but it also just might add to the number of people angry at him

12. ipaman

Would help replace the trash we have now but I don't want help, I want last place schedule when Watson and the rest return.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want the team to be watchable. We could make the playoffs with Kaep, despite what the experts here tell you.

Fairly easy schedule after we get annihilated next week by the Rams.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What makes you think that?

15. Two Sandwiches

Because, despite your pre-conceived bias against the guy, he's played some good football, at times, throughout his career. I think our Watson offense was closer to the offense he played in early, when he played well, than what he played in the last few years.

Our Watson offense was pretty innovative for the NFL. It's similar to what Kansas City is running this year in the multi-play action, run-pass options, etc. It was prolific. I think Kaepernick could run it at at least 50% efficiency as what Watson did. I don't think that's unreasonable to expect.

That, coupled with our division, would make us contenders to make the playoffs.

Of course I'm forever the optimist, but if there's a coach out there than can handle Kaep, I think it's O'brien.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So your thoughts are that everyone is just biased against him, that it's just some huge conspiracy that keeps this amazing QB from playing in the NFL? I liked it better when it was VY fans rolling with this narrative.

17. Two Sandwiches

Never said it was everyone.

Obviously there's a collusion case against the owners. Let's not pretend like that's not happening to further a narrative.

On top of that, when did I say he was an amazing quarterback. If you're not going to concede he's played well at times in his career, then my point is proven.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well obviously it has to be everyone because if you were right and everyone else is wrong about him being the type of QB that can take teams from potentially not winning another game to where they are in the playoffs, then he'd be signed right now without a massive conspiracy that everyone is in on.

I mean, no one would even be saying his name if it wasn't for his political BS that has created the legend of him being a competent QB.

19. Two Sandwiches

Once again, if you think that is true, then your bias is right out there for everyone to see.

I'm sorry you've been so deeply offended by people kneeling.

The irony in you having a problem with the Texans players kneeling because they were offended by their boss's comments, though, is rich.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kaep made it to the superbowl, he's not sum random nobody that got fame via political bs. Granted I rather we just lose all the games to get a losing schedule so Watson can fk everything up when he comes back

ipaman likes this.