1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No one is talking about Harden's bad defense at the end of regulation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EarlIII, Nov 4, 2012.

1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

And amidst ALL of those factors, if Asik, PPat, Parsons, Douglas (with his wide open layup attempt off of a fast break) or ANY Rocket made ONE more shot, we would had won IN regulation. :\

2. javguy

javguy Member

Exactly, we don't need this. As a Lin fan I support Harden 100% and was rooting for him to drop 50.

I don't mind constructive criticism against Lin either as long as they're objective and not biased, coming from the same haters all the time.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Lets see so far 3 games into the season we have ragged on:

McHale
    Lin
    Morris
    Douglas
    and now Harden

We're 2 and 1 after 3 games on a very new and young team. I am not sure what the board has become but can we all just chill out and not be so sensitive or this is going to be a long, painful...yet winning...season.

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Yes its true. but a good coach needs to coach the team how to win in the crucial moment. I don't see Mchale did that. He didn't even bother to substitute offense/defense players in the closing minutes.

5. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Agree, but this is an open forum, so you will get those haters. Just try to ignore them for the most part.

6. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Exactly. We lost a game we should have won. We can blame it on youth or tired legs, but it wasn't any single players fault.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yes, you absolutely double Aldridge there. Mathews made them pay but you can't let Aldridge kill you.

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

But Aldridge would only have gotten 2 points and they would be still down by 1, so it was a bad defensive play by Harden. Being up by 3 they should've played their man close and not let them have a chance with a 3 point play.

9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

This exactly. Do people think it was Lin or Harden that lost the game for us? The did more to contribute than harm the team. However, when people begin to try to blame one player, then everyone else will start getting scrutinized. So stop with this blame game. This will not be the only loss of the season. Look at all the positives from the game and move on. I'm really disappointed in the loss as well but it is what it is. The next game can't come soon enuff.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Just stop it. Stop it.

If the Rockets win, ITs cause of LIN???
    and If the Rockets lose, Lets blame it on HARDEN???

I have seen some very stupid comments about how Harden is doing well casue Lin is his backcourt teammate. Just Stop.

This is a team game. The Rockets lose as a team and they win as a team.

Don't play the blame game because if you are gonna do that for Jeremy Lin, It will backfire. Everyone on the team makes mistakes and the Rockets are a young team. Take your head out of Lins ass and support the team not a single player.

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Go read the original post again. What makes you say it was about supporting Lin? Do you have a filter that I need to install on my computer?

12. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Please show me a post where someone says the wins were because of Lin. This is in your head.

Harden played amazingly and got most of the credit and hype (which he totally deserved).

Lin got credit for being "solid." Asik and Parsons got credit too. And other players. Nobody said the wins were because of Lin.

13. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

They've got a filter all right. I won't say what it is.

14. javguy

javguy Member

Noted.

15. AVP

AVP Member

it was a pretty sloppy game all around. If we played an elite team we would have been blown out of the water. The fact that it was even competitive at the end it was a miracle - they are just as ****ty as us and it was just matter of who sucked less at the end. Everyone including Harden make some bone-headed plays. This is the one to learn from and I'm glad it happened so early. More Harden-The-Superhero games won't help this team grown - this game will.

16. M4-Nightvision

Rockets try to help to much on the low post. up by 3 , should of let patt guard 1 on 1 , if they make a basket its only a 2 , not a 3.

tough loss..

17. SeabrookMiglla

first of all **** all of this bs drama between HOF and LOF. this is the first time we have had a team to look forward to in awhile, and people are fighting already. get real. i am happy, young and dumb is what we need to expect.

both players f'ed up at the end and choked, but i would say that harden made the more critical errors with his TO's.

bottom line though, good teams dont win close games they blow out the other team. we had our chances and blew them earlier in the game, this game should have never been this close. our team is still very inexperienced, and looks like they need a lot of work on the offensive end.

i felt we were relying on 3's way too much at the end, when our threes were not falling.

mathews and lillard both had a great game, and torched both harden and lin.

JMO

1 person likes this.
  18. StevieCrossover

Its the turnovers tbat lost this game

19. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Great post! Agree w/ the bold.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how about the fact that the team blew a number of open three pointers?