1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No one is talking about Harden's bad defense at the end of regulation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EarlIII, Nov 4, 2012.

1. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Yup, this was a team loss, so many players made mistakes throughout the game, it happens.

2. javguy

javguy Member

But this thread has nothing to do with Lin. Why do you guys assume that it does? Pot-Kettle when it comes to oversensitivity?

I agree that it probably should have been noted in the game thread though.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what about those point blank missed layups from Asik and Ppat?

4. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I look at it from a whole new angle... I know Omer Asik is there just for rebounding/defensive purposes in the middle, but if he makes just ONE more of those SET-type volleyball shots, there would be no OT and we would have won in regulation, amid all the Lin and Harden mistakes that happened... It sounds to me like McHale needs to really work on Asik double-time in practice to HOLD ONTO THE BALL (ball security), not make careless passes (which will lead to turnovers) and NOT just get an offensive rebound, but to put it back up AND IN "LIKE A BOSS!", not like a chicken with its head cut off... :rolleyes: I know this team is new and that we will get better, but as of right now, at 11:19 a.m., on 11/4, I am NOT liking this Asik signing. In all honesty, I'd rather see Cole Aldrich start at center til Asik can prove he is worth starting at center. Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, and EVERY SINGLE ROCKET should just concentrate on layup drills, and not so much on the three point shot until they can prove to coach and to the fans that they can make MORE THAN 20-25% of them IN A GAME! Too many missed layups in the game and DEF. too many missed 3's, especially at home. :(

I know 3 is more than a 2, but 2 is more than 0. When the money ball isn't clicking on all cylinders, "A" score is better than "NO" score, right? It may take 2 possessions to regain the lead instead of 1, but that's where you need to play 110% defense... How bad do you want to win the game?

#44 RocketFan, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Aren't you the one always calling Lin fans over-sensitive?

Projection there, bro.

I agree this doesn't need to be a new thread, but nothing extraordinary being said by OP at all.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I suspect that a few of so called LOFs are not the real fan of lin. May be they just tried to create a bad atmosphere to cause real Rockets Fans to hate on Lin. If true, those are probably Melo Fans that they hated Lin so much for getting all the spot light from Melo and causing Melo criticised by the real knicks fans and the media.

7. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

We loose one game and everybody stats talking smack!! I swear Houston has some horrible fans...

8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I don't think there's that many Knicks fans here trolling. Maybe one or two.

I do think there are some old-time Rockets fans trolling Lin fans. Some pretty racist stuff too... like "Jeremy Rin" and crap like that. The moderation here is terrible.

9. awarde2

awarde2 Member

If people would be honest on this site their expectation was for Harden to score more points than he did in ATL. So when that didn't happen, people started scrambling to put the blame on other players on the team. My thoughts was this was on Mchale. We should have never went into OT. As far as the game last night, we found out that Harden does have feet of clay. If people would be honest, Harden was a ball stopper last nite, There was too much ISO play. Lot of the players were standing around watching him. Harden is a good ball handler and distributor, but he does not have the superior court vision that Lin has. Harden was hurt and tired and he should have turned the offense over to Lin, and helped out where he could. That is what a Leader does. I am not hating on Harden, but I think that he felt that he needed to carry the team, which he couldn't do. Hopefully after viewing the film he gets a better perspective on things. The thing about the Rockets is that they are a fun team to watch. Playing ISO ball is not going to cut it. Hopefully, this ISO play is only to wait for Harden to get familiar with the Rockets playbook.

10. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

We lost and it was a team effort.

Lin had the bad alley-oop attempt and overhelped on Lillard too often to close the game.

Harden started going into hero-ball mode even though he was cold. Didn't he go like 0-6 at some point? The ball stopped moving completely and he held it for a good 5 seconds before he even made a move.

Parsons was cold all night except that last 3.

Asik and Patterson with wayyy too many missed layups. DUNK THE BALL!

Even Douglas, who everyone is praising for his 5:00 of defense was a no show on the offensive end. Missed layup, 3 fouls in 8:00 of play.

Every single starter had 3 or more turnovers (Harden w/ 5). That can't happen.

1 person likes this.
  11. King Boo

King Boo Member

They really need to class this place up. Unfortunately, a lot of the trolls degrading the forum quality are "old-time" posters.

12. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Well, we don't know whether it's Mchale call. If so, the players have to follow what he instructed and it's a terrible call if it is, tbh

13. javguy

javguy Member

Please don't let Spiegel troll you, he takes every opportunity to bash Lin.

The original post should probably be in the game thread to balance out the "Lin cost us the game by letting Lillard free" comments.

Anyway, no one player is the reason for our loss there is plenty of blame to go around. Both Harden and Lin could have played tighter D especially in crucial moments I'm sure they'll learn from it.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Are we going to start a tread to talk about every mistake or every great play of every player in every game?

The players have expressed that they didn't play well. They're young and inexperience, so let's give them time to learn and develop. Encourage them rather then bash them.

I think the game thread itself is where this kind of discussion should be, plus maybe another about the coaching ;)

OK, maybe plus another about Royce White's "migraine" :grin:

15. javguy

javguy Member

Pretty much. All they can do now is spend the days off to get better as a team and learn from mistakes. The lost doesn't fall on any one person.

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I know, but it seems like non Lin fans are themselve overly sensitive and make it out to be about Lin vs Harden, which just makes this board unconstructive. I'd just like to reduce the amount of these back and forths.

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I think these 2012ers are the worst thing that happened to this forum!

But some are alright.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

If we can just ignore the intentional trolls, then we will have our BP back to normal.

19. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

No... I think its more like we were very disappointed because the Rockets that we saw on TV (on the road) were full of energy and had a one-track mind on a "W".

The game last night, weren't the same Rockets. We looked FLAT from the start (except for Harden), but I guess some of that has to do with playing in a back-to-back.

20. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Perhaps you should start a new thread to say this...j/k please don't. ;)