1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more passive players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jun 27, 2006.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it sounds elementary, but we need guys with attitudes that will go to war every night and sacrifice everything. When we lost Sura and James we lost that toughness/spunk that is required to win.

Every memorable team has a few, Bulls with Rodman and Jordan, Rox with mad max and sammy, lakes and celtics had rosters full of them, and the old pistons, omg. As of now, our roster has none.

I think this should be our number 1 priority in the draft, Along with gathering as much talent as possible in free agency and trades. Please stay away from guys with "potential" and stick to the hard workers that have a passion to win and will do anything to do it.

Basically, We need to have some intimidation out there.
    No team in the NBA is scared or nervice to play the roxs. Therefore, I think James is a good sign and I would pick someone like roy,brewer, or sheldon .etc

On the otherhand I know that having a certain amount of finesse players pays dividends. But a whole roster full of "good guys" that dont have that competitive edge is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Its nice to know that we have good hearted sane players on our team but on the court I think the rox could use a little insanity and fire to blend with Mac and Yao. Passive players let things happen, we need to make things happen and due it with purpose.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

YES

Shelden Williams
    Randy Foye
    Adam Morrison

NO

Rudy Gay
    LaMarcus Aldridge

MAYBE

Andrea Bargnani
    Brandon Roy
    Tyrus Thomas
    Marcus Williams

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Let's call Ray Lewis.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your premise is correct. We need an "attitude" player on our team.

I'm not 100% against Mike James but I don't feel good about bringing him back. If the Rockets sign him they must know what they are doing. Trying to get our "attitude" player in the draft instead of by trade or free agency could be a mistake. We should draft the player who's talent best helps us. That player is Rudy Gay.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats a good point about gay, You have to pick the best player in the draft no matter what.
    If that happens though we better make some trades happen and get this soft team mixed up.

6. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I think Mike James, Redick and Roy have passion, attitude and heart.

7. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Rudy Gay has none, if that guy played with passion, etc... he would be the consensus #1 no doubt. Passion, heart, etcc. may be buzzwords to many, but I think they are very important.

8. rserina

rserina Member

Don't forget about Brewer.

9. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

We got Ryan Bowen, and that's all we need. :cool:

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Morrison & Redick are the two most passionate players projected to go in the lottery, the rest are wall flowers.

DD

11. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

I would add Foye and Carney and Thomas to the list, I dont know why ESPN focuses on screaming white guys in college basketball, but Foye and Carney show a lot of emotion and a lot of heart in their games as well.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Foye yes. Carney no. Redick yes. Bobby Jones yes.

13. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8NJOOZvKdo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8NJOOZvKdo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

you have to add these two to the "YES" list

JJ Reddick
    Brewer

as much as I am against what he doesn't bring tallent wise I am all for Reddick's attitude and heart

15. DJ Naztorious

DJ Naztorious Member

i would say that's pretty accurate.

16. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

This is a very good analysis- Van Gundy wants tougher players who will either be in this seasons rotation or starting this season.

I would rank the best fit for the Rockets in this order:

1. Roy
    2. Foye
    3. Morrison
    4. Brewer

These are the players who can probably crack the starting line up.

My next four would be rotation players-

1. Bargnani
    2. Gay/ Aldridge
    3. S. Williams
    4. M. Williams

T Thomas and Stromile are too similar

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Draft Ronnie Brewer, Sign Mike James = adding 2 passionate players with high motors.

That Morrison commercial rules. Love it!