1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more bids for Rockets flashseats tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Enemysquad, Oct 4, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In great detail, I describe how it is negligibly harder. If it was so hard, how does stubhub and ticketmaster even stay in business, since they don't have bidding.

You are saying that a minor app feature, from a relatively minor competitor to the ticket Giants Stubhub/Ticketmaster, that isn't even a real auction, somehow is a game changer that will make scores of STHs happy, yet no MLB teams use Flashseats, only one NFL team, and only 6 NBA teams ... because all teams want to screw their ticketholders? Do you know how silly that sounds?

What we are hearing from the Rockets is the bidding feature hinders the ability to merge the service with other ticket listings that don't understand bidding. If they wanted to make it harder for you to sell, why are they promoting more Resell marketplaces to use? What helps you sell the most is having a bigger marketplace of buyers, than marginally better app features....hence why Ticketmaster pretty much has a monopoly as the NFL resell marketplace ... because they have the most buyers.

btw: Cavaliers fans complained enough to get bidding turned back on.

#61 heypartner, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  2. DanielV

DanielV Member

It's live right now.

heypartner likes this.
  3. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I can't see my available tickets for sale because they are accessible. They are great seats, but I had to put some up for sale because of vacation. Too bad it doesn't show in this ticket purchase. If someone wants to buy my tickets, they are all reasonably priced in section 111 on flash seats.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

how much?

5. OldYelllowDog

check on flash seats, I'm only selling games I am out of town, they are usually at or below face value. For example look for Nov. 5 Section 111 WC. Great seats and view. I guess only available on Flash Seats. Kinda bummed about that.

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They're merchants not wholesalers. ****, man. Get some common sense. They don't buy tickets and spec them out, they're a virtual broker. That's how they are in business, not because the lack of bidding. They don't set prices.

Flash seats is suppose to operate that way, but clearly they're trying to set prices.

What am I reading?

You don't have *any* any business explaining this stuff. So fundamentally wrong.

SIL

cheke64 likes this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Sec 111.116, 124, 103. IIRC are the real value seats.

SIL

ElPigto likes this.
  8. heypartner

No takers on this?

Seems no one wants to sell for Face Value. Are you looking to turn a profit on your season-tickets? Or do you just want to sell the bad games?

I get the idea. Put all the bad tix up for sell at Face (or slightly lower), with bidding turned on with email notification, and just leave flashseats and not come back except to accept bids.

from my experience, that didn't work too well for me. On Game Day or before, bad games sell because you make an aggressive Buy Now price so your listing shows up at the top via Price sorting. There is just too many tix for sell at flashseats. Too many ppl looking to profit on their season-tickets, it seems. I learned to have no delusions I was going to sell those games at Face....so the bidding feature didn't help me as much as the Buy Now price did.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@heypartner what the hell are you going on about?

You realize, you're looking like you're coming off as a shill, right?

You rarely, if ever, make sense. You're off on basic facts. All your posts are quite biased in regards to Rockets' business changes, even though your explanations are all wrong and your understanding is far off. Your posts are absolutely and utterly useless. And before you say this post is useless, acknowledge this post may have the impact of lessening your post count and hopefully improving it's quality--therefore, it's not.

You re-post @J.R. puts up, then fight him about the legitimacy of it. You remind me of that guy in class that would raise his hand or offer any help, at any instance, but be incompetent, wrong, or cause more work after the fact.

This is getting so bad you are replying to yourself. Like right above this post, FFS. Help me @Pen15clubber

SIL

Pen15clubber and J.R. like this.
  10. heypartner

Weird. I see the blue dot for them of Rockets.com, when you choose Accessible Seats, but it won't let me click them. Seems only half of the Blue Dots sections work. I'd call them. This might by an Beta release glitch, that they will fix.

Their new tickets site looks great. The merge of Resale and "Standard" tickets is very easy and intuitive. Still don't buy their excuse for turning off bidding to make this merge work. Seems like a lame excuse they gave you.

Here's Rockets excuse for turning off bidding

To date, we know this from the new ticket site and OldYelllowDog's Rep.
    • They have the same Resale tickets selling at both sites -- "The Merge."
    • They told OldYelllowDog there are technology difficulties in support flashseats bidding and making the merge happen.
    • So, they had to turn off bidding. That's their excuse.
    • Sounds fishy to me
    At worse, if supporting a bidding user-interface at rockets.com is too costly/difficult from a technology standpoint, which is what your Rep said, right?, then just grab the Buy Now price from flashseats whether the Seller turned on bidding for their seat or not. Then if a buyer at rockets.com accepts the Buy Now price, you just sell the ticket -- since obviously no bids where accepted, yet. I mean, bidding or no bidding, they have to first solve the problem of synchronizing a sell across sites, by closing the ticket at both sites.

Sounds fishy right?

So, I contend that if you already have synchronized closing of the sell across sites working, and it is too costly/difficult to create a bidding interface at rockets.com to synchronize auctions, then just do synchronized Buy Now at one, and full bidding with Buy Now at the other. I mean, to me, this is likely already working, maybe we some bugs to fix.

Could this be the real reason?

With further research, turns out the the software they are using at rockets.com now to support both Flashseats Resale and Rockets New Tickets is EventShopper. That is owned by AEG. They support many stadiums. They don't have any affiliation with Toyota Center though.

Willing to bet they are trying to get their foot in the door, to get another major stadium under their belt, and are giving the company who owns its operating rights a great software licensing deal (Rockets are the operating company of TC), but want to keep implementation costs down.

Just keep complaining to the Rockets guys. If Cavs got bidding turned back on, we can, too.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So I was trying to buy tickets last minute and it was disabled? How much time do you have before they disable online tickets?

12. DanielV

DanielV Member

No bidding at all.

13. The Diceman

The Diceman Member

its all about the numbers guys.

yes they make money on the resale end of flashseats, but more important to them is selling all there tickets to every game at toyota center (18k+) . that is there attendance number and is reflected in every thing they do.

i am a STH and never have a problem selling tix on flashseats (sold every game this yr for a profit except 1 and next game i have for sale is mid FEB..

i origionally got the tix for an ex and my current GF could care less till playoff time

and personally im happy not getting emails of some dumbass bidding $5 on a game 2 months from now that I know will sell for what im asking

cheke64 likes this.
  14. OldYelllowDog

When selling tickets on flash seats, the seller has the option to determine when to have the listing expire. The last possible option is one hour after start of event. There is no more bidding. I wish more Rocket fans would complain about losing the option to bid on tickets.

cheke64 and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. NickKent

NickKent Member

Wow no bidding sucks

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

Anyone heard if bidding will be restored this season? Its a killer for season ticket holders to take a loss on tickets that aren't used.

Fullcourt likes this.
  17. heypartner

Why don't you just lower your price on the last day, vs not selling at all?

I means, stubhub and Ticketmaster have never had bidding/auctions either, and if you whined about no one buying your tickets on their sites, everyone would say ... "well, obviously the market isn't buying your price then."

18. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

As a STH there's a limit the site enforces on how much you can lower your price. I've lowered it the maximum amount many times only to see the tickets not sell

KDavis likes this.
  19. heypartner

I know. I was a STH for many years too. that's a different issue. bidding wouldn't solve that.

20. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I can lower all the way to the limit yet people still don't buy them. At least when they allowed bidding I had option of accepting a low bid rather than not being able to sell unused tickets