1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more bidding on Flashseats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Smacktle, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I go to Flashseats and you can't bid on tickets anymore. Anybody else notice this? No more waiting till the last minute to get a good price and it could backfire in that nobody will buy leaving the most expensive seats empty on national TV.

What say you guys? Especially season ticket holders.

2. Nabz34

Nabz34 Member

Hmm, seems like it's just for the playoffs:

3. DanielV

DanielV Member

I have mixed feeling about it. I guess it would be good if the TC sold out but bad in how tickets are going now.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Interesting. I see this becoming problematic for both buyers and sellers.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

More Empty seats for playoffs. Its not a good look. They already over priced the tickets now people in the lower deck who don't even show up can't sell their seats.

6. Smacktle

A season ticket friend of mine says, "The REAL reason…there are still tickets available directly from the Rockets on their website. They want to sell all those tickets more than they want to let us auction ours."

BOTTOM LINE...PRICES ARE TO HIGH! and they just don't get it.

Just got an email from the Rockets saying:

Select Playoff Seats Just Released – Rockets vs. Thunder Sunday at 8pm ie...they're not selling as fast as we thought they would.

Jake Tower and DanielV like this.
  7. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

In years past, season ticket holders were able to buy extra tickets for family (or resell) at close to the same price as their season ticket prices. In those years I could purchase a few for family, and that was a nice perk for STH. This year the tickets were triple my price so I was only able to get a couple of cheapest tickets available and transfer. I really would hate that the games don't sell out. New email today shows "new tickets" released. They are still trying to sell tickets.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. DanielV

DanielV Member

Yes, the last golden state game they did the same. My seats in 411 row 3 were going for 100 and I couldn't even sell them for 80. At that point I just decided to go. The first golden state game and the cavs game where prices were lower I was able to sale my seats for 130.

OldYelllowDog likes this.
  9. Smacktle

The Rockets screw season ticket holders once again.

hvic, pugsly8422, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

What??? How the fck am I supposed to go to the games???? I don't have money to buy 100 dollar tickets... fck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I asked for Wednesday off thinking I would score tickets on flash seats.. fml

BigMaloe, BigShasta and Smacktle like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I assume season ticket sellers can still post playoff tickets for sale?

It's just no one can bid at a lower price?

I know they put a floor on how cheap you can re-sell them based on a %.

I don't get how this helps anyone.

12. DanielV

DanielV Member

You are correct. The floor is 80% of face value.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are you going to be okay? I'm worried. That sounds like it could ruin your entire life.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My thoughts too. People will just set their ask as a Buy Now and lower it as needed.

I suppose seeing bids is somewhat buyer/seller communication, but so would be seeing the whole list of seller prices and what price works and determining market from that info without an auction style communication.

I mean a ticket is a commodity more than a unique item. You can see the market for comps.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Let's make a thread on bidding on tickets here. Whoever makes it, please give me the credit on the bottom thanks!

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Smacktle

You just have to wait till the last minute. People will lower their prices. They're just not used to doing it this way. The Rockets have to watch out for their own interests. They have to sell all their seats before they can let the season ticket holders sell theirs. It's all about the fans you know...

There probably won't be a full stadium. It's a gamble they are willing to take. The tickets are just way to expensive.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He look OK

CK Johnson and Williamson like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Just put your $ where your mouth is nd go guys. 100$ is not a lot for a playoff ticket.

Im driving from austin to go.

The same posters who complain about toyota center being empty are the same posters who dont shell out $ to go to games

19. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

As a STH one of my few perks in years past was I could by extra tickets at a discounted price before others. But for game one it was going to cost me $159 per seat to by extras as a STH. Yesterday they sent an email to general public in which those same tickets were being offered for $119. There's really no benefit for being a STH I swear

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What seats are you looking for. Rockets haven't sold out, yet. There are still $59 tickets available for direct purchase from the Rockets site.

Looks like they aren't selling out because scalpers thought they could sell for profit in secondary market sites. I'm kinda shocked there are still tix available and that OKC is not that far away for opponent sales. The Sunday game probably hurt OKC sells, though. Also looks like Rockets are holding pairs to sell together. There are more available for pairs than singles, in my quick check at their direct sell site.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.