1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No JB, No Howard, No Problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Oct 6, 2016.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Agreed... Dwight was the biggest reason we sucked and why our team morale was as low as it was. Ppl forget that 2 yrs ago when we made the WCF... #1 OKC wasn't a factor and #2 Dwight didn't play most of the regular season.

Fast forward to today.. #1 OKC won't be a factor and #2 Dwight is out permanently.... PLUS #3 better coach and #4 we added great shooters.

I think we're going to take the league by storm and win close to 60 games and take the #2 seed from SAS

kevtse likes this.
  2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I thought the exact same thing. Read the thread title and thought, "that's a weird necrobumb... wonder what's up?"

yo likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Calm down, I've seen enough, all the problems are gone.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go put a thousand bucks on the Rockets to win the division. You would currently win 20k...

5. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

i see them at +1200, unless odds went down?

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

JB was a huuuuge problem. He was in charge of the defense under McHale that was non-existent. Why he was rewarded the hc position is beyond reason.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

JBB being gone is one of the biggest reasons for optimism in this coming season. If he was trying to be the worst head coach possible, I'm not sure he'd have done much different.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20-1 to win the division in Vegas.

supastevefoo likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We will not know what is fixed and what is still broken for a month.

10. rockets13champs

Watching Dwight on the hawks makes me realize how out of it he is. He talks as if he is 19 on alot of issues. He still hasnt matured as a person. He thinks he is still mvp caliber dwight with the added Jumper etc. but he is still the same player. Allyoop only. He will avg 16/12 and hawks will be 4th seed and lose in round 1 or maybe 2 if coach bud coaches them out of round1

topfive likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

All true but GSW is an even bigger monster. I do believe we can beat the spurs or any other West team. I think due to depth we can take gsw to 7.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

I'm glad they're gone but this feels like scapegoating with Dwight. He isn't a super star anymore but I think we'll miss his defensive rebounding. All this "everything is ok now, those guys were the problem" is fine, but until I see otherwise (i.e. more than 2 pre season games) we're still a no defense playing team coached by a guy who can't get it done in the playoffs. The first game where Clint fouls out/looks lost and Nene shows his age (or gets hurt) people will be flipping out again and reminiscing about Howard.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dwight missed over 40 games in 14-15 season and rockets didnt miss him at all during that period...

14. Malaya

Malaya Member

Because DMo played so well in that stretch ...

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I'm convinced watching DH that his brick hands would never work here. period.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It'll be hilarious when MDA continues to heavily use Brewer when JBB was continuously skewered for it.

I'm an MDA fan, but there was something toxic about last year's team that he won't have to deal with like JBB did, and he's been gifted 2 elite shooters in the ambiguously gay duo Anderson and Gordon.

17. alethios

alethios Member

True - he has to over-compensate with the stickum to grab those rebounds.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I just love how most view everything through Harden colored glasses...

Harden doesn't put effort into defense because "he has do some much on the offensive end..." ...evidently that's ok...
    while Howard was promised he was a coming to Houston to be cornerstone... and gets increasingly phased out of the offense... and becomes disgruntled... for that he's hated on..

JBB was an idiot of a coach.
    Morey lost a lot of credibility with me (and I'd have to think also with with potential free agent) due to how D12 was handled...

We had 2 superstars... one got increasingly coddled... the other got disrespected...

and before anyone throws a bunch of stats at me - showing how 'inept' D12 was at the offensive end...

A) Howard has one of the highest fg %s in league history - yet couldn't get shots!
    B) Doesn't matter how "inept" D12 had become - he was promised a certain role (wouldn't have come here otherwise). We needed to honor that commitment. Really, worst case scenario, what would it have cost us? No humiliating 1st rd exit and retain our first round pick?!?!
    C) Early in the season, Harden had one of the worst fg%s on the team... did his touches and shots get limited?

The whole D12 situation was handled like crap - by JBB and Morey. Now, fans want to add insult to injury by ragging on Dwight in aftermath....

Good luck getting that 2nd (or 3rd) superstar! After watching how D12 was handled... if I had a superstar career and brand image to protect - I sure as hell wouldn't come to this organization! ...smh...

#58 kjayp, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you forget how disliked dwight is around the league. he has such a poor reputation that there was not one negative article written about the rockets letting him go. superstars around the league are watching how we treat james, not how we treated dwight, because no one is considering dwight a superstar anymore (except for dwight himself).

superstars are watching how morey and les offered harden an extra $10M this season for no reason other than to show their commitment to him. they're watching how the rockets help build his global brand. they're watching how the rockets hired a coach and built a roster to play to james' strengths. superstars can't ask for more support or loyalty that the rockets give james.

if anything, the moves made this summer will all help attract a second superstar. superstars want to play for MDA, they want to play with james, they want to play with great shooters like ryno and ego. they want to join a team with great chemistry and a positive locker room. with dwight, a new superstar would have to sacrifice shots for dwight's post game. with dwight, we'd be playing a slower iso/style that doesn't attract or include other stars, with dwight we couldn't have afforded to add shooters like ryno and ego. with dwight we would've had a cancerous locker room and no chemistry. in short, with dwight, no one would want to come here. without him, we have become far more attractive. the nba community realizes and agrees with this as proven by the fact that there isn't 1 negative article written about the rockets letting dwight walk.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You make some very valid points.

I think after the debacle that was last year, the organization has been working overtime to try and do repair work to the organizations image...

Giving James free money to offset perception on how we shafted D12...
    Hiring a big name like MDA - after suffering through last years coaching turmoil and stupidity...
    overpaying midlevel talent like Ryno and Gordon - so even if they get relegated to an insignificant role, they are getting paid handsomely...

just sayin, you don't see this kinda nonsense happenin over in San Antonio...

This organization needs to build a culture...