1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No JB, No Howard, No Problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Oct 6, 2016.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

[​IMG]

:p for Morey.

2. dwhite

dwhite Member

Dwight reminds me of Trump.....all he has to do is focus and not act like a child and he could be soooo much better and achieve so much more.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Except trump is extremely average in every attribute, while Dwight is 7' tall, can jump higher than 90% of people on earth, and has entire departments telling him exactly what he has to do.

Going from average rich guy to possibly president in a 2 man race would be like Dwight "turning the corner" and becoming a Shaq/Hakeem hybrid.

We didn't need him to pull a trump. We needed him to pull a Hillary. All she has to do was not **** up, and it was an easy win. All Dwight had to do was sit in the middle, and play D.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i wanted him traded after feb/march but his defense and rebounding, when he cares, is better than anyone on this team by a mile.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Does not want to do PICK AND ROLL, that's why that softie ruined this team.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

And people wonder why athletes become egoistic and all about the money. Its because they realize fans only care about winning, and don't give a **** what you've done for them before all they really care about is what you can do this season.

Dwight sucked last year, but to credit him for the entire team's failure is just distorting the facts. The entire team had a horrible camp and Harden himself came into the season out of shape, it looked he spent all summer partying with Ty Lawson. In fact when Mchale got fired it wasn't because of Dwight, it was because Harden's performance was so bad on offense and defense just look at the threads here on that time everybody was trashing Harden and not Dwight (oh how quickly those guys are now praising the beard). And while Dwight did indeed have a lot of temper tantrums and pouted last year, you must remember that Houston promised him the world when he was a free agent and they were trying to land him so it's understandable he'd be like "this **** isn't what I signed up for" every play. I think it was a total communication failure on the coaching and Houston Rockets mgt part, they should've made Dwight feel more important and then maybe he'd have bought into the "D, Reb and PnR" role they wanted him to take. What if you were in his situation? You left your old company because another company pirated you, but then when you got there the ones who pirated you started asking you to do massive overtime and even work on weekends? I'm pretty sure Dwight and the Rockets had an agreement when he signed that he would have a large amount of touches as well, if Rox told him they wanted him to defend, reb and just PnR I'm pretty sure Dwight would've signed with another team so in a way, the Rox were reneging on the stuff they agreed before which was why Dwight was pouting. If the Rox had a smooth communicator like JVG or even Mchale still coaching this stuff wouldn't have happened, Dwight is extremely emotionally fragile like Tmac so you need to make him feel important and needed in order to see him perform.

Dwight was the first major free agent to take a chance on Houston since forever, LA offered more guaranteed money, NYC offered him endorsement $$$ and Mavs offered him a cartoon music video and a happy meal from Mcdonald's(LOL). I will always appreciate that when other players like Bosh and Melo have been rejecting the Rockets for multiple times now. Dwight sucked balls last year but the years prior that he has been rock solid both in the regular season and in the playoffs, he averaged 26/13 and 16/14 in the playoffs prior to last year. Even when things soured last year and the Rox basically hired Mike D' Antoni partly as a slap to his face, Dwight still paid for a full page ad thanking Houston fans and immediately notified Rox Mgt he would be opting out when he could've drawn his decision out to increase leverage from suitors and also stick it to Houston mgt. I don't have any plans to become a DoF and follow him now that he left the Rox but I do wish him well and acknowledge that he did the team alright, compare him to Parsons and who actually owed the Rox for saving him from a career in Europe and letting him a year early out of his contract and you see a world of difference.

kjayp, GermanRoxFan and cheke64 like this.
  7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

notice no more media leaks to calvin watkins, he hasnt written a divisive story on espn about the rockets since dwight, josh smith and terry left.. tells a lot

8. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

dwight was only good for 1 year, the next 2 years were injury plagued, and he constantly ran his mouth to calvin watkins. In hindsight i would have kept omer and parsons

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Only read 2% of this post. No need to read more. Any post defending a player for quitting is horse ****.

Punk-ass Dwight quit. It's an even bigger slap in the face to the fans (like myself) who defended his b**** ass to exhaustion. No one is taking away what he did for the city of Houston and the Rockets. You will find VERY FEW that aren't grateful for his contributions on and of the court, but nothing will take away that foul taste of "QUITTER". He played us for fools.

Never forget.

bpbkforlife and topfive like this.
  10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Also the fact that the season hasn't started. Also that.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are contradicting yourself in your statement, everyone is grateful for him but then you say he played Houston for fools?

Nobody is perfect, at work or in school do you give 100% of your energy, effort and soul every single time? Why do you hold athletes to a standard you don't even hold yourself to? Apparently just one game where you don't show effort is enough to label you for life, I guess you should also be fired that one time you filed a leave because you were too lazy to go to work or spent the entire day surfing the net and taking long breaks. Kobe quit on an entire playoff series and you don't have La fans crucifying him for that, even Harden proactively quit when he spent the summer growing a beer belly instead of growing his game. Why aren't you taking your pitchfork at Harden? Dude came into the season totally out of shape and didn't defend a single play, didn't he QUIT the first three games of last year? What a punk-ass quitter Harden is, NEVER FORGET :rolleyes:

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Am I in the Twilight Zone? What am I reading?

Best effort; DON'T QUIT THAT'S THE STANDARD! That's a low bar.

Harden was out of shape because of a bum ankle, worked his way into shape, played 82 games + playoffs, put up historic numbers, and then he re-upped. How did he quit?

Dwight literally admitted he quit on the season then skipped town. How you can defend him is damn nuts.

#32 DreamShook, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    HardenTime and Drogba like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight is a chump.

#33 DreamShook, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Reading his full post would have been good to understand his point. (And I've actually criticized his posts before)

The main part he said, is the ROCKETS SOLD Dwight with SALES TALK that he'd be a bigger focal point, to DWIGHT'S tastes. And Rockets pulled back on their promises to make him a more limited range (though efficient) player.

Rockets technically broke the agreement first. Dwight still coulda been a bigger man about it. Though its not a bad thing seeing that Dwight didn't TOTALLY just come out of "nowhere" with a diva act - that some of his vision of low post grandeur was influenced by Rockets too.

The main thing is he didn't opt back in, and his distractions are away from this team.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, SO freaking happy that our cancerous cells, Dwight, Terry and Smith have been cut. We are going to be much better for it. You could absolutely see how doo-doo the Hawks looked with Dwight on the floor last night.

It might not matter to all of you, but I am happy to have a bunch of blue collar guys that respect the game. I can cheer for this team.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excellent post Dreamshook.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

fyi, i was AGAINST the dwight signing for the first few days. that was my initial reaction. and i was right! i wish i stuck with it. if u can find the thered in 2013 and dig the thread yule c

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gonna be a rough year for Corey Brewer...

with Dwight gone, people are gonna have to heap all the blame on someone...

19. dwhite

dwhite Member

Seriously it is time for people to get off of the hate for Corey. One bad season after a legendary playoff series and he gets no breaks at all. Based on his previous season he signed for a discount. Also, for those of you defending Dwight....he has been the problem everywhere he has been. How many coaches have been fired with him on their team? Every one is the correct answer. Feel sorry for the Atlanta coach.

vstexas09 likes this.
  20. J Hard

J Hard Member

No the biggest problem was the captain of the ship, Kevin McHale. He bred the lack of direction, zero accountability and zero structure. JB was a victim of a poor culture and was doomed from the start of his interim time.

Howard being gone definitely clears up the fmdrama and now everyone can follow the true leader in Harden.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.