1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No indictment for officer who shot Tamir Rice; reasonable to assume officer was threatened

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 28, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's like you learned absolutely nothing from the events of the past year. You are still duped by the media's tactics (ie, showing pictures of 12 year old "Hollister Trayvon" to garner sympathy) and assume racism (fear of the young black male) because it's the easy, lazy explanation that happens to fit your pity party narrative.

Here's to hoping you grow as a thinker in 2016. Learn to collect the facts and set your bias aside. Learn that resisting arrest is a far more likely reason people get into problems with cops vs some lazy racial explanation.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

At his news conference Monday, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty admitted that it was “likely” that Rice was reaching for his waistband to show the officers that the toy gun was not real.

3. bigtexxx

cherry picking

grand jury had access to more facts

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was quoting the prosecutor who said it was likely Rice was reaching for his waistband to show the officers that the toy gun was not real. Did the grand jury have more facts than the prosecutor?

Perhaps you should set aside your bias, look at all the facts of the case and avoid looking for lazy explanations that support your narative.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The prosecutor's suspicion is not a fact.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That is one of the most relevant facts in the shooting. Who in the hell does that? Answer: a complete moron. But then again, being a complete moron is not a crime.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Welp, if we're talking about our 2016 "hopes for learning..."

I've learned absolutely nothing from YOU, Texxx. Let's make that clear. This board has some of the most intelligent thinkers you can read from on a daily basis, but you choose to be the polarizing figure.

You are far more concerned with these alleged "media tactics/liberal bias" than anyone else on this board. You will NEVER understand the pain of what Trayvon's murder meant to the world because you have shown that you are incapable of being sympathetic to African American victims. I wonder if you've ever lost someone to murder. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but it might open up your eyes if you had experienced something so unjust.

Pity Party narrative? I don't follow that either. Check your threads. Each and every one opens with one of your corny narratives about the "unfair" blah blah media. Seriously, YOU start your threads with your own pity party narrative. :confused:

I wish you the same growth in 2016, but not as a thinker. I can admit that you are an intelligent man. However, I wish you growth as a compassionate person with the ability to tolerate the differences among people and demographics that you fail to understand or relate with. I may be biracial, but that doesn't blind me from the reality.

That "resisting arrest" comment is a joke as well. You know plenty of these victims didn't resist anything. Was Trayvon resisting arrest? No, because your hero, George, didn't have the authority to arrest him, nor was George asked to pursue him. We've been through this, but you choose to label each and every murdered, young African American as a thug or a person who resisted arrest. I'm sure Eric Garner was resisting arrest when he was losing oxygen, right?

By now, I'm sure you've realized the jury made a mistake with Trayvon, especially in light of George's recent behavior, but I don't expect you to admit that flaw in your previous judgment.

Let's give each other a gift in 2016. You and I, without question, don't agree on anything politically. We certainly look at race and women's rights differently. In fact, much of what you believe disgusts me. I'd wager that you feel the same way about my views, too. Disgust is unnecessary.

So, my gift to you, Texxx, is silence. I'm done responding to your threads/posts. The discussions go nowhere for anyone in the D&D.

You can use your whole "I've won the argument" shtick all you want.

I'll focus on my treatment, coaching a powerhouse and enjoying the "good" of the world in 2016.

If you want to congratulate me for Hillary's victory early on, I'll accept it. ;)

I'm out. Take care of yourself.

2 people like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is what I don't get. They get a grand jury to indict people with almost no evidence, but they can't indict a cop who on video kills a kid. I'm not saying he should or should not go to jail, but they aren't even having a trial on it.

1 person likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

You've done it again! You are projecting and putting words in my mouth to fit your preconceived narrative! George Zimmerman is NOT my hero. He did have the right to follow Trayvon. Period. What Zimmerman has done since the incident has no impact on the trial, so no, you cannot say that the jury made the wrong decision based on what GZ has done since then. He wasn't on trial for the crime of being a jerk, but rather for what happened that night with Martin.

and Eric Garner did resist arrest! Did you not pay attention at all to the case, or were you too caught up screaming "I can't breathe...no justice no peace!"???

Please use this as an opportunity to learn a lesson.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If the kid's mom knew about this walmart bb gun pistol and still let him play with it out in public like that, she might have contributed to his death.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's why it isn't relevant, it's not a crime. Pulling up that close was foolish, but not a criminal act. The kid playing around with a realistic looking gun at the park and then reaching for it when cops arrived was foolish, but not criminal also.

It is very likely that is what the kid was trying to do, but unfortunately cops aren't mind readers. It was impossible for them to know what he was planning on doing at the time and that's why the shooting is justified despite it being a tragedy.

Well the problem in this case was that there was too much evidence and it all pointed to no criminal act taking place. Had there been less evidence available, or if the prosecutor hid evidence, then there probably could have been an indictment and a huge waste of taxpayer money holding a trial with no possibility of conviction. Is that really what people wanted?

12. amaru

amaru Member

Ultimately nobody will make you.

Our society has a serious weapon fetish.....to the point that we have our young children playing with life-like replicas of them.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good to know

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

And he provided what was, to him, proof. Your refusal to read it is on you.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Dear God, please help this family overcome their blackness and realize that, while their son's death is tragic---um, make that 'kinda sad', will you, God?---he might have had it coming by brandishing what looks like a real gun. And may the officers who arrived on scene and opened fire almost as soon as their feet hit the ground go straight to Heaven on the day they peacefully die as venerable sainted old men. And God bless the grand jury, most of its members weaned on Rambo and other war movies that make them think real life is a video game and vice versa. Oh, and God, help The Blacks and the Nazi femtards at Huffington Post, for they know not what they do. Amen."