1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No, I'm not McGrady's wife

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bravo six, May 8, 2007.

1. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Funny thing happened the day after game 7..

After drinking pretty late Saturday night drowning my sorrows, I get this text msg from an unknown phone # (914 area code) Saturday morning -

May 6, 9:01AM
    Hey girlie! I watched the post game show last nite!!! WOW!! He touched me girl. I felt sick for him. Tell him to keep his head up. I'm still a T-MAC fan :)

I read it thinking 'huh?' but just went back to sleep and got up a couple of hours later and read it again. I responded with something along the lines of -

I don't think this msg was meant for me, but yeah, I'm still a TMAC fan too.

I get another msg at 1:59PM
    Who is this? Its not clerenda Mcgrady?

At the time, I didn't know who that was, so I googled the name and realized it was someone trying to send the text to his wife. Ha! Anyway, I wrote back and said no, she had the wrong # and didn't get anymore responses.

I got a laugh out of it, just thought I would share :D

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

LOL funny story:D

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

that's pretty hilarious

4. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Hahah...thats random

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

You should have kept the conversation going!

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Exactly! You should've kept it going and got some 'insider' scoop or two while you were at it.

7. one blood

one blood Member

sweet. haha

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Might've been a friend screwing with you for being such a big Rockets fan. I could see some of my smartass friends doing that to me.

9. bravo six

I don't think any of my friends are smart enough to go through those lengths to mess with me :p

Hey here's another Rockets story -

My wife works with and is pretty good friends with this chick who went to some sort of function at Reliant stadium. This guy comes up to her and says Chuck Hayes would like to speak with her and get her phone number. So she talks to Chuck some, gives him her phone #.

She said they really didn't talk on the phone that much, but she said they would text each other a LOT. So he is always trying to hook up with her, but stuff keeps coming up and he would cancel.

This was during that period when nobody knew wtf was going on with Bonzi Wells, I kept trying to get her to ask Chuck what the deal with him was, but she refused to talk about basketball with him.

She said he was using every line in the book with her, how he wasn't like other pro bball players and stuff. There was once she said they were texting back and forth all day, and then all the sudden he stops for like 4 hours, then he sends her a text at about 11 asking if she was still up. She says yeah, where'd you go - he says I had to play a game!!

They ended up not ever going out, but she was still a little disappointed when she read about Chuck's gf having their baby :p

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

well when ya snooze ya lose

11. bravo six

Well, her point was that the gf was already pregnant when he was trying to hook up with her.

12. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Chuck has had the same girlfriend (now his baby mama) for over a year...

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

in other words, chuck IS "like other pro bball players." he's still got a long way to go to catch wilt, but a journey of 1000 miles begins with one small step.

14. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Wasn't chuck involved in some sex scandal back in college?

15. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

This is my first time hearing about it, but you never know. They are some things about some of the other Rockets that many people don't know and don't need to know. It's not always the best thing to dig up old skeletons, especially if they've changed since then.

Chuck, you have no idea how many people love you (men included)! ;)

16. Nice Rollin

oh, i thought they were still talking...then chuck met his current gf, knocked her up, and then your friend's wife was disappointed

17. Nice Rollin

wife's friend, i should say

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Ok I admit it. It was me.... :(

19. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Ah yes he was but apparently the woman was lying, but chuck did sleep around with a married woman.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/deeeebo

Take this situation: A top-notch athlete on a top-notch college team. A sexual situation. A rape allegation. Durham NC? No - Lexington, KY. It was about 3 years ago. Chuck Hayes, star Forward for UK's basketball team (and black), is accused of rape by a white woman, burning up the local headlines. It is discovered that the two did engage in sexual intercourse. However, following a thorough investigation, it is discovered that the married "victim" was actually caught by her husband engaging in the extramarital relations, and the entire allegation was little more than an attempt to keep her dignity and her marriage alive. She had previously made a similar accusation (that was proven untrue) of a college boyfriend. The case falls flat, charges are dropped, and there is hardly a mention of the entire thing in the national media - and certainly no participation from black leaders, even though there were racial overtones. The situation is over, Chuck Hayes' reputation remains overall intact, and he is on an NBA roster today.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Really? :D