1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Malcolm, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Just me venting a lil here but if the Rockets dont close the Blazers out at home on Thurday I will not watch game 7. This is way too much like 2 years ago with Utah when they could close the Jazz out in game 6 and they didn't so I desided to watch the Mayweather De La Hoya fight. Well the same deal this year if the Rockets don't close out Im watching Hatton Pacquiao fight. Hopfully it doesn't come to that. I can't stand for another year of dissapointment. I see a team like Portlant full of you kids with a lot of talent but no playoffs experience run through a team that been run out yet another season it will drive me crazy. I know some won't care but some will fill me here no more game 7 when you can slose in 6.

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

game 6 was at utah.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

is this your way of telling us you're really a boxing fan?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread proves that alot of people here don't watch rockets games.

game 7? if you don't watch a game 7 of a playoff game with your favorite team in it, then why are you a fan?

5. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

No its my way of telling saying this not 1997 when there was no way I could miss a Rockets playoff game. Im not letting these guys ruin my month again yes I said month.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

yea i know but they should have won that damn game

7. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

we have already beat them in their place in this freaking series. We can easily beat them again. At home OR on the road. I prefer at home cause I want to see it.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'd be on edge the entire time, but there's no way in hell I'd even consider missing game 7. If by chance we have a monumental collapse and lose the series, I'll crawl into a hole until next season. That's what being a real fan will do to people... Give it a try sometime.

9. mlmlml6

mlmlml6 New Member

We will take it in our home.NO DOUBT!

10. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I have and will not do it again

11. ibm

ibm Member

good question. great post.

look, we have 2 chances left and we only need to make do one of them. i believe the rockets can do it.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if you're a sports fan in general, let alone a rocket fan, how can you NOT watch game 7? that's the point of sports.

i watched tonight's game until the buzzer sounded even when i know the fate. if your team is playing, you watch and support. simple as that, whether it's a reg. season game or a game 7.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Let me put it to you this way.

If its going to bother you THAT much where its going to ruin a WHOLE MONTH for you, then i'm going to assume you're a big fan. That being said, if they were to go to a game 7 and actually WIN IT and you didn't watch it, i think it's safe to assume THAT would ruin your month also. In other words, just freakin' watch the game and deal with it, it's not like you're not going to know the outcome of it just because you dont watch it, so it'll still ruin your month if they lose and you dont watch it! It's a LOSE-LOSE-LOSE situation for ya...

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Notable game 7s

Game 7 1994 Finals - Rockets win
    Game 7 1995 Semi Finals vs the Suns - Rockets win

you mean you wouldn't watch these games back then?

15. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

dont forget 1997 game 7 against the sonics! that was a great game, i will never forget the matt maloney headline in the paper the next day

16. slugyang

slugyang Member

Why do not you see the 7th.? That will be at LA. LOL.

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

If I recall Rockets that year had HCA, that would leave game seven on the home court.