1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NLCS] Astros @ Cardinals Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2004.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto!:D

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's freakin' hilarious! :D
    You sure have a hell of a wife. :cool:

3. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Backe was absolutely amazing last night. His story is probably getting overshadowed by Clemens. Backe is just as much a home-town boy as Clemens, since Clemens hails from Katy and Backe from Galveston. Backe has shown what pitching on emotion can do for you. You can just sense the home-town pride when the kid takes the mound at MMP. I would assume that Roger is a little more grounded since he is older and more experienced. Backe though is living every young baseball players dream. He is pitching for his home-town team in the playoffs. Every little leaguer dreams about being in that scenario.

How can the Stros acquire Josh Beckett. A rotation next year of Clemens (Katy), Pettite (Deer Park), Beckett (Spring) and Backe (Galveston). Won't happen and doesn't have too since we have Oswalt and Miller, but it would be interesting.

4. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

The Cards are TERMINAL chokers and the bats get quiet for them when the pressure is on. They have enjoyed dominance all year and haven't had to struggle like Da Mud N' Blood nine. I was in section 333, seat 3 row 1 last night and could hear the sucking sound emanating from the Deadbirds dug-out, they are SCARED.

I love our chances tonight, Munro pitching or not. If the games gets close, and we are up in the 5th or 6th and Munro needs to be relieved, we can unleash Roy O or Clemens for some relief action--MIGHT be worth it! But I LOVE having Wheeler and Lidge pretty fresh and poppin' to go. We have seen how stupid BOTH of these boys make the THIRDNALS look.

Good Guys: 7
    Deadbirds: 4

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I refuse to mention anything about some kind of series that is for the world championship of the world until it is a reality.

That said...

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Even with Munro on the hill, I still think we are going to kick that ass. I think these guys are in such a zone that no one can beat them. The Astros feel like they can beat any team no matter the circumstances. Whether it is Munro or a tired Clemens, they will get it done.

STROS IN 6!!!!!

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Garner please make it Munro for game 6, or I will be very mad at you for a very long time.

Say the Astros win game 6 with Clemens, I'll still be ecstatic, but it won't set up the rotation nearly as good for that next round thing against that other best team in baseball.

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I'm not concerned with the next series. I don't care how the rotation sets up at this point. Lets just get there and sort it out later.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Bingo

10. Elienator

Elienator Member

Forget the next series, I think Munro then Clemens gives you the best chance of winning this series. Setting you up for the next series is a bonus.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

12. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Right now game six is an afternoon start time. Remembering that Clemens is over 40, I would start Munro. I would rather have Clemens going on full rest for game seven if necessary. Having Clemens as the ace in the hole, should allow Munro to go out there relaxed. If the middle relievers had been performing better, maybe I would throw Clemens tomorrow. Sadly unless a start goes 7 innings, I am not sure the Astros win.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Well, it's totally raining here in NYC, so I expect another Yankees-Red Sox rain out tonight and another afternoon Stros game tomorrow. Possibly two afternoon games, if the Sox win Game 6. Hooray for small(er) TV markets!

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This team is very near to greatness. A couple more steps and they are safe. Can they make the leap? We'll soon see.. I can't wait.

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

ALL I have to say is that this is Clutch City for any sports team we got...and they are showing it day in and out.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm quite prepared for the distinct possibility that I may weep like a schoolgirl if the Astros win the NL to go to the World Series.

17. fatman510

fatman510 Member

No doubt...I was close to crying on Monday

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Close? Can't say the same. :(

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

After 10 years, Houston is due. And the Astros franchise is due. Munro is going to take us to the WS. :D

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

SHooot... this is FREAKIN' blinding, man... how about

GO ASTROS!!!!!