1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nix Is Really Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

It’s painful watching this kid try to play point guard. I cringe when he’s in the game. Bad pass after bad pass and basically a 50% free throw shooter. Not even close to being a stable point guard. Not sure why he is playing over Christopher and TyTy who are much better. If not those two then we need to bring in a vet.

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

waive nix, n bring tyty back!!!!

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think the plan all along was to play Nix early in the season. Nix performed well in the G league last season, so the Rockets are giving him his shot. Stone said the Rockets view Nix as a first round talent.

I think we will see TyTy after Stone decides he’s seen enough of Nix.

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Because if another competent point guard comes along it puts KPJ in danger and SIlas cant have that. Thats why he insists that Jalen is not a playmaker and wont put him in those situations. He cannot reduce Jalens minutes or he'll get in trouble because Jalen in a #2 pick but he can convince even Jalen himself that he cant be a playmaker. He told everyone Sengun couldnt play more minutes because he gets gassed meanwhile Sneugn was telling everyone he was fine. Silas is a ****tard.

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Slow-footed and slow-witted. Like me. Can I get a 10-day tryout? It can only be age discrimination keeps me off the court. I think I'll call 1-800-SUE-M-ALL, dammit, because I know I can be a more effective tank commander than Nix. He tried his best, and failed the franchise. That W last night hurt. I mean, I'm slow and all; but, at this point, is it not clear tanking is the only possible explanation for Nix?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m not Stone but I have seen enough.

Scarface, DD444, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

They should have just called up TyTy already

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This does not bode well for our upcoming draft.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's not even an NBA player. For some reason they play fat boy. Ridiculous. Stone is an idiot

Joe Rocket, Imanimal and clos4life like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean... he's a bit better than me

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here is video of Nix convincing Silas that he should be our backup PG:

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nix didn't play poorly last night. He's getting there bit by bit. People don't have patience.

evo8lover likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He will never be good.

The only reason to play him and Mathews is to improve our draft position.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i wouldn’t put Gary Bird in the same category. Sure he’s streaky, but he’s a hustle player who shoots the 3 at a high percentage over the course of the season. He’s got the dog mentality and plays some defense. He’s good enough to be on our roster and play occasional minutes. Especially when is red nose is shining as that’s how he gets his super powers.

I agree that Nix may have ever so slightly improved. I’m mainly talking about his defense. But his propensity for turnovers is a straight up liability. He turns the ball over more than any player on the team per minutes played…by a lot. This is an incontrovertible stat. And he’s doesn’t have the other gifted parts of his game to make up for it (like KPJ does). While his 3 pt percentage has improved, dude is shooting 32% from the field. That’s straight up terrible. That’s 12% lower than the nba average for guards. I mean, come on!

lastly, he didn’t earn these minutes. I really dislike the way our coach just installs guys into the rotation and subjugates other players’ minutes regardless of skill or if they’ve showed enough improvement to earn those minutes. Nix is the perfect example. Huge indictment on our coach.

#14 Aruba77, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what people said about Garuba not so long ago. He has the passing and shooting, just needs to get a few other things down. He was +8 last night. Give it more time.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He doesn't have the passing. He is a decent 3-point shooter, that's it.

Garuba always had great defense, effort, hustle, rebounding and passing.

Nix doesn't even look like he makes any effort.

clos4life likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like Garry Bird. But he should never get minutes over KMJ or Tari, or even TyTy. You can plug him in if the game is out of reach or if you want to try some desperation threes.

I agree with you on everything you said about Nix and Silas.

Joe Rocket and Aruba77 like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm not as down on him as most. He's averaging maybe 14.5 minutes a game. If he's not good, it's still limited.

Reminds me a bit of people disliking when Boban played for 5 minutes in one or two specific games; and when the team loses; somehow the Boban lineup is one of the reasons.

People are entitled to not like Nix; just that he's a backup PG; if he can stabilize... great, otherwise the "market" will correct it; as those guys get bounced out the league sooner than later.

slothy420 likes this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No, it does not…..beginning to believe the “Tank Commander” theory as it’s literally the only sane explanation for playing this guy. Call me an optimist, but I still think we have a bad enough coaching staff to get a top five pick without Nix.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

not to be antagonistic; I respect your opinion and definitely patience is always in short supply with these young guys. But when Garuba played he showed flashes of being a good player, even going back to the end of last year. In fact, Garuba and Nix have played basically similar minutes from last year to this year (Nix playing in more games because of Garuba’s injuries) and look how much better Garuba is. People were down on him because he was fat and hurt, but he’s played well; whereas Nix is just fat and doesn’t play well.

#20 Aruba77, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.