1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikki Haley for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

No Worries likes this.
  2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

Haley versus Kamala Harris: who would win?

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Would be a good election for our Democracy. Would focus on the issues which is positive. Haley would be favored with the electoral college, but Harris favored with the popular vote. The big swing factor would be abortion so it would likely depend on Haley's final positions. If she campaigns on a national ban at the federal level (because she has to appease the evangelical right) I would think that Harris wins the election by roughly the same margins as Biden. If not a tad bit more.

If Haley can win back the suburban women vote (with sensible positions on abortion, health care, etc.), and keep the gains with Hispanic voters she has a good shot at winning.

Trump has no shot unless a legit 3rd party candidate splits the Democratic vote or Biden falls apart with criminal evidence being shown that is equal to Trump's legal troubles.

Haley has decent shot.

If Republicans actually want to win in 2024, they know what they have to do. But they just can't quit Trump because there's something about that guy that fuels your tank.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Haley, and it would not be close.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I think she has some decent views and she's not a crazy maga so I could see her getting some democrat votes that are simply afraid of Joe`s age, the Dems have given no alternative which is bad for them and I am afraid its to late for that. There is a long way to go and as far as polls go, I don't put a ton of stock in them this far out and if 2020 taught us anything is some polls are flat out wrong.

Personally, as of right this second, I would vote for Biden, he`s done some great things, yes, he is a gaffe machine at tims but you can say that about any president who speaks so much, there bound to flub up. I know he will do the right thing for America, and he sincerely cares for the country.

Hell, so much could happen between now and then that you just dont know.

One thing is quite clear to me, it doesn't seem to matter to most gop members that there front runner is a crook and con man, they will defend him hook line and grift. All the up-and-coming gop maga nuts are going to turn the gop into something Reagen would so proud to have been associated with.

8. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

9. subtomic

subtomic Member
    Supporting Member

Grotesque - I’d expect this from Rambo but not someone who was a serious candidate for President.

No Worries likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

She is right.

11. No Worries

No Worries Member

The isolationist Rs want other countries to sort out their own **** and not drag the US militarily into their conflict.

The nonisolatioist Rs want to start wars with no exit strategy. I wonder if Haley would be up for re-invading Afghanistan.

Lucky for us, the R base is waiting for the One Man Crime Wave to tell them which countries need invading and which do not.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Nikki is an old school Atlanticist.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I guess she knows her audience -- which isn't me.

I like how her 'this is an attack on America' echoes Trump's rhetoric that his prosecutions are actually attacks on America. I guess magas really eat that up.

fchowd0311 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

At least 9 Americans were killed in these terrorist attacks. And if you listen to what Muslims around the world are chanting when they are celebrating these murders, it's "Death to Israel! Death to America!" You can close your eyes and ears to it, but that's what's happening.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

How many Americans died on the USS Liberty?

Was that an attack on America?

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Nikki is the only candidate who should win the GOP, but she won’t because the GOP filled its base with populists who want Donald.

basso likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Planet of the Apes was such a smart stupid movie. I guess I'm just now understanding the main point: we are all a violent bunch of stupid apes.

[​IMG]

(I mean, right? The director and Heston made him as feral and ape-like as possible in this ironic and iconic scene.)

Some of us want to put a civilized veneer on our violence, use fancy, calm words, but we're still a bunch of apes.

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

I tell my children this point everyday.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You tell them to get their hands off you, and you refer to them as damn, dirty apes? :D

Either way, I'm sure they don't get tired of the messaging.

Invisible Fan, rimbaud and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

what does this have to do with Nikki Haley?