1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikki Haley for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2023.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

get used to it.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I prefer her to Kamala.

basso likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not sure why anyone would want to be Trump’s VP this time.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I think she could do well, she`s not campaigning strictly to maga which is something the others don't seem to get, although this is not the general election, so I get that. She has some valuable experience, and I can get behind her on several issues. I hope she can get more support; I would like to learn more about her

trump, ron and viv seem to be polarizing because IMO they are not campaigning to ALL Americans, they are campaigning to the maga base which in the general election, woke, woke, woke will not fly, the gop lost on that last go around but they seem to want to double down in 2024, we don't care about culture wars so you better start talking about things that do like abortion and healthcare if you want to bring anyone to the "tent"

Corrosion and basso like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Something like a DeSantis/Haley or Ramaswamy/Haley ticket would appeal to me.

8. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Haley/Scott, Haley/Ernst...

Corrosion likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

She might not be as bad as some of the other MAGA types, Election Deniers, and Trump butt kissers but she has also been described as an extremist in moderate clothing.

This article is worth a read. Just like all the other GOP candidates, I wouldn't vote for her either.

https://www.newstatesman.com/quickf...-is-extremist-moderates-clothing-donald-trump

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I would be proud of the Republican Party if that was actually the ticket.

sadly it’s going to be like Trump/MTG

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

neither of those guys has a chance.....they are unelectable nationally.

DD

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

You only want half fascist? Lol.

Seriously though, our country would be in a much healthier place if Haley won the nomination to run against any normal Democrat. Haley is a conservative that I don't agree with on many issues, but I do believe she would help preserve our Democratic norms and abide by the Constitution. She'd also do well to help us globally too with our alliances.

The problem really is the MAGA base in the end. It's a cult that is hellbent on reshaping our government into a Christian Fascistic Oligarchy. Pretty open about that as well. As much as I would prefer a Haley vs Biden/Democrat healthy Democratic election, I don't think we are going to get that. The MAGA base just isn't going to allow that. Even you are clearly saying here that you are demanding someone autocratic be the lead on the ticket in the end... and you can't even vote here. Most of the base voters are less like you, and more like BigTexx/Commodore.

Haley aint getting the nomination. Even if she is named the VP, she'll just be another Mike Pence to Donald Trump in the end.

rocketsjudoka and ROCKSS like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I'll be voting in the Republican primary, as I've done in the last several cycles, to help them settle on a less psycho candidate than they would otherwise choose. I worry Haley has already gone a little too far maga so I'm more of a Asa Hutchinson kinda voter. But, by the time Texas votes in the primaries, Hutchinson will be long gone and Haley might be the sanest person left on the ballot -- if she's even still around.

ROCKSS, basso and mtbrays like this.
  14. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

tribe over country.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Interesting........I never thought of Hal

I do like Asa and Christi, even though I don't always agree with them, they would both keep the sanctity of Oval Office but the maga base won't let them sniff the nomination. That leaves Haley as my last hope of normalcy. I am afraid the gop is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, they need to please the base which is great for the primary and they will pick trump but that won't play nationally, so they can get their man but lose the 2024 election. At some point they have to shed the extremism and play to mainstream america where we don't care about the culture crap and to be honest it just turns me off because its fake, folks like mtg just need something to be mad about

Corrosion likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I said this earlier in the thread but I think she would be a formidable general election candidate. She's much more moderate and she seems to have a better command of the issues than many of the other GOP. I was impressed with what I saw of her debate and I think she's found a good potential attack at Trump with going directly at Trump. She's got a compelling story and is telegenic.

For a few of those reasons above though I don't think she will get past the primaries.

For me personally if all I had to choose from was the current GOP candidates I would consider her but I do find her position that she would pardon Trump very problematic. Trump hasn't been convicted yet, and possibly might not be, talk of pardoning him now is both premature but also a undermining the function of our judiciary. It's putting politics ahead of justice.

ROCKSS, FrontRunner and dobro1229 like this.
  17. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

if it's Haley vs Biden Haley will win. If it's Haley vs Kamala, Haley will win. if it's Haley vs Newsome, Haley will win.

in short, if Haley is the GOP nominee, she will win the general against any plausible Democrat.

Corrosion and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

She has no chance of winning the Republican nomination - an ethnic woman is at the bottom first of all, second it's going to Trump.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I honestly don’t think she’s being truthful on that one. I mean I do think she’d pardon him if she’s president but it’ll be under conditions that we know trump won’t meet. The main issue for the GOP is Trumps donor base/email list etc. That’ll be the big sticking point behind the scenes where Trump will fight tooth and nail to not have to redirect that to someone else. The quid pro quo will be pledging his support publicly, and turning over his digital apparatus to her.

Without that she’ll be vulnerable by Trump in 2026 for mid terms (because he’ll use it to back bad congressional candidates) and in 2028 when he would likely still be in prison but still able to run. His donor base could still be paying his legal fees etc too or funding a run by Don Jr. standing in for his pop.

Like Trump before they are just using the pardon to dangle for something they want in the end. Even with a Trump die hard like DeSantis they aren’t giving that pardon away without getting something in return.

#59 dobro1229, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Trump supporters seem to be the majority, and if Trump was ineligible then it would have to be a candidate who is an election denier or Trump defender. Bonus points would be anyone that would dismantle any body of government or person who would dare question the criminal coup or attempts to overthrow the people's vote. Party over country, and damn those who try to make their votes count, by questioning any of them about breaking the law.

They would choose a QAnon kook or radical right winger like MTG before any woman with half a backbone or ounce of integrity. Brains and trustworthiness take second fiddle to rousing the supporters by propaganda and lies against the enemy, who is anyone in government except them.