1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikki Haley for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Feb 1, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My wife's mom and step dad are big trump supporters. They are very upset with that Indian woman who is attacking trump. They think someone needs to be a seventh generation American before they can run for president. They think she must be raising her kids as Indians.

They also complain that the SB is all blacks and that white people should get to be in the half time show... :rolleyes:

ROCKSS and Amiga like this.
  2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I wish she would have been like that from the start, not that would have made much of a difference, but she may have swayed a few more votes

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be curious what your wife’s parents think of Vivek Ramaswamy.

4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

And yet, she has already said she will vote for him in November...

No Worries and ROCKSS like this.
  6. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

That explains your TDS. You need counseling to resolve your issues with your in-laws. Lol

7. NewRoxFan

I guess this is what set my trump in-laws off yesterday...

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Her apparent strategy was to outlast the field and then go after Dementia Don. Give her credit. She is still standing.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Yawn…..

Third parties need to stop being so impotent and actually focus on something productive… like winning municipalities, winning states, and then building a governing coalition instead of their current policy of being the spoiler.

If your life is so bad that you are tossing up the “both sides argument” then I can gurantee the problem is within yourself and not external.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As someone who was very involved in a third party that was the strategy the Minnesota independent party focused on. Although would look for coalitions with other state third parties generally would keep away from the federal level.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. ROCKSS

I get a kick out of these; I am sure there edited but dam..............some of these maga folks are just plain dumb and they all parrot extremist views that are hawked on the likes of OAN. Most don't know what's really happening and they spout out lies because that's all they hear.............if he were to interview my dad, he would fit right in with most of those older men SMH..........I`ve never been around a cult but I have to believe this is how they start, lies on top of lies until you are so far down the rabbit hole there is no turning back

13. lpbman

lpbman Member

I realize this is a dumb question as I ask it.... but do they not know that only Trumps Father was born in the U.S. and none of his grandparents were? Only one of his own children are of two natural born citizens.... Tiffany.

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I know it is/would be an unpopular opinion but ... dollars to donuts if Biden wins in 2024, he would commute Trump's sentences as he got convicted and/or run out of appeals.

JuanValdez likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

He might as an olive branch to the other side but I don’t think it’s likely.

I think Biden would stay out of it to maintain judicial independence.

No Worries likes this.
  18. ROCKSS

Oh, the irony of that................Biden letting him off the hook would be crushing to his little soul and ego.

No Worries likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess it's a symbolic gesture for magats but they will likely bristle at the trials happening in the first place, and it'd most likely be an all or nothing deal which would piss off and alienate his base that's been fed Trump outrage p*rn for 8 straight years.

If he were to do it, it'd be an initial peace offering to disaffected maga types who have nowhere else to go/vote and what most of the mainstream call Deplorables...not the racists, fascists, or gun nutters but rather the forgotten and downtrodden flyover folk who dont "get" the Great Economy we've been having out of their sheer laziness and/or stupidity.

Tough order but it's that or more decay in social cohesion.

No Worries likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I figured that was her strategy . . .. how ever If Trump passed away . . .she would still not be the front runner
    DeSantis can come in at any time and over take her in days

Rocket River