1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nike or Under Armour

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Caltex2, Apr 26, 2013.

Tags:
?

Which do you like better?

1. Nike

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  2. Under Armour

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Nike has the reputation and the star power but Under Armour has more quality overall imo.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Used to be Under Armour, but once Nike came out with their Pro Combat stuff, they're way better IMO.

3. BigBird

BigBird Member

Under armor makes poor quality clothing. Not that Nike is fantastic, but it's better.

Under Armor is just a newcomer on the scene thanks to them being a marketing machine (in relative terms)

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I don't know. My brother is a big Nike guy and he says he hates how cheap the quality is.

5. BigBird

BigBird Member

Well, I think my nike stuff has held up more relative to my underarmor stuff. My dad used to have a business in the sporting goods sector and said all the vendors hated underarmor because they marketed their cheap **** as being high quality and revolutionary when it really wasn't at all

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I go for Adidas because their shoes last me a decade.

7. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Member
    Supporting Member

+1 on this.

8. RV6

RV6 Member

They are both the same but different. Both have items that are poorly made and others that are great quality. Nike just has all kinds of **** out, like the same hoodie in 4 different versions, with 4 slightly different names, and the only difference is one has a pocket, the next one has a design, and so on. They are just watering down their product. Some of their shirt designs are incredibly lazy, but people still buy it, so what do they care.

I think UA is barely starting to really expand their brand in that direction. They just come up with a lot of crazy colors combos, so they aren't truly casual wear yet.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Under Armour. The spelling is British and it makes me look way douchier at the pickup gym.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Member

It depends on what we're talking about. When it comes to other teams uniforms (Think Oregon and Oklahoma St. vs Maryland) IMO, Nike wins hands down.

But if we're talking about cleats for myself/friends, I think it's a lot closer of a call. I think Nike's rep has really brought it a long way but Under Armour is doing a very good job right now as far as Football All-Star games, and accessories go. Kids now-a-days want the UnderArmour wristbands, visors, etc.

Overall though I do like NIKE better.

11. leroy

leroy Member

Same here...except when I want a new pair, they've been discontinued.

BRING BACK MY 7406's!

[​IMG]

12. icrnk

icrnk Member

I like to see what else is available:
    One At A Time Unlike the mass-produced clothing manufactured overseas by our competitors, each WSI garment is designed, cut and sewn one-garment-at-a-time at our factory in Eagan, Minnesota. Through attention to detail and our just-in-time manufacturing process we can produce the highest quality sports apparel while controlling costs at the same time. This assures you that you are a buying a superior product at competitive prices.

We're proud that all our products are made in America and we are equally proud to have found a way for Americans to compete with low-cost off-shore resources.
    http://www.wsisports.com/mens-shortsleeve-shirts

We are small! A dozen employees design, cut, sew and sell everything. We have created a clothing company that operates on a local, low-impact scale, yet produces performance clothes to compete with the big boys. Without cheap foreign labor! When you buy from us, so much more of your money goes to the people who actually make the product. A lot less cash goes to the costs of shipping materials & products around the world and back, or to huge corporate headquarters, secret teams of lawyers, and lame promotional campaigns. We barely advertise, we do not wholesale to other stores, and we pass the savings on to you.
    http://melanzana.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/25_26/products_id/29

MADE IN U.S.A. is an important part of our apparel line as we have made a commitment to production of bike shorts in America. We hire local staff and we purchase our materials from the highest quality vendors available to us. Some of our materials are imported, but most are made in U.S.A. We are dedicated to making high quality bike shorts and cycling products. Look for the "Made in U.S.A." in the description for our own manufactured products.
    http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/mens-coolmax-tee-shirt.html

Since its inception, Wickers has been a leader in the development and introduction of performance fabric technology. Wickers pioneering development of its propriety Akwatek fabric, established a new standard by which all other wicking technology fabrics were judged. The fabric has been tested by independent agencies and found to have capabilities superior to that of standard "wicking" fabrics for thermoregulation in performance sports apparel.
    From the very beginning, Wickers has maintained a firm commitment to American sourcing and labor. Our feeling has always been that the best way to deliver quality product and service was to stay as close as possible to our customers.
    http://underwear.wickers.com/moisture-wicking-t-shirt-ZXpZXWA1100ZXsZX8

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Adidas has more of a chance than UA. Their gear is great but shoes are ****. From cross training to hoopin kicks they feel cheap and lack grip. They are loads cheaper than Nike but I'd rather pay the extra buck so I don't roll my ankle and for **** that lasts

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

If we are judging by shoes, Nike is way better. I've never had an issue with comfort or durability.

For the average gym apparel, it's a toss up between Dri-Fit and Heat Gear shirts; I have some of both that I like.

Now Nike Pro Combat... That can't even be touched right now. Pro Combat stuff just looks amazing.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

I wear a Nike or Under Armour golf polo to work everyday. I'd agree that Under Armour is better quality, but something about Nike makes it look more sharp.

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I like both

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Nike.

You're going to hate me for this, leroy, but...
    I agree with all of you. I still have my original COPA MUNDIAL black leather shoes, and my SAMBAs from the 90s. AND I play in them occasionally. :cool:

All
    Day
    I
    Dream
    About
    Sex, it is.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Influenced by football boots?

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

^ Will have to try secksing Mrs. SwoLy with my ADIDAS soon... will bring pictures back. GOOD IDEA, sir. Thanks! :cool:

20. RV6

RV6 Member

By the way, UA has free shipping on all their t shirts today.