1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nike+ Fuel Band SE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Nov 19, 2013.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Has anyone here had any experiences with Nike's Fuel Band. It seems like a cool little gadget to help keep track of progress and add a little motivation towards fitness goals. I know that it's not at all required to set and meet fitness goals, so spare me there, but I think that it does have some value. Especially with it's iOS integration and keeping track of realtime progress throughout the day.

I know that there are several other similar products out there, some with better reviews as well, so I'd be interested in hearing feedback on those as well.

I'm going with the prototypical New Years resolution of working towards being in the best shape of my life. That includes:
    • Quitting smoking (Going from several cigars and other non-cigarette tobacco products a week to absolutely zero)
    • Cutting back drastically on alcohol intake (Down to once or twice a week, and maybe even none at all)
    • Eating more healthy (Keeping carbs, salt, and fats in check, more veggies, less crap)
    • Being more active (Exercise, lifting weights, golf, more outdoor activities)
    Unlike most though, I've started in Nov. I'll be 1.5 monts into this once Jan 2014 rolls around. I'm dedicated and going all in on this lifestyle change. But anyway... Any info or experiences with the Fuel Band, FitBit, etc will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Lol. Somebody is an alcoholic. Cutting back to twice a week?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have a friend with Fitbit, she loves it. I have the Nike+ watch matched up with a heart monitor and the foot sensor, works great.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Lol, not at all. I like to enjoy a beer or two while watching sports or just relaxing. Having a drink more than twice a week makes you an alcoholic? :confused:

Either way, I'm cutting back. So... Whatevs, I guess.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'm just trollin'. I laughed a bit when I read that. I imagined somebody wanting to cut back to like three of four days a week. I'm like, "Dude, that's every other day!" :grin::cool::grin:

6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I tried the fitbit flex and hated it. I returned it after it told me i had burned 600 calories in 15 minutes sitting on the couch watching tv :-\
    I may try this one but what i really want is a sports watch or something. I havent quite found what i want yet.