1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nike Confiscates Video of Dunk on Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by madmonkey37, Jul 8, 2009.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I personally never found that dunk to be anything that great. Atleast nothing compared to this one:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxG6F8qKsoQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxG6F8qKsoQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

3. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

So that means every single games that Yao played in is taken away?

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tyUf-9ruJi8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tyUf-9ruJi8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not all of these are dunks on someone, but most are.

IMO the greatest game dunker of all time!

5. jpm42

jpm42 Member

Weak move by Lebron. Real weak.

Instead of this being a two or three day "story" and eventually fizzing out, The Chosen One has turned this into something more, and it's not exactly a positive for him.

Whatever.

I can't stand the guy personally. I think his game is overrated (great player, but not as all-around as his basic "stats" would indicate), and he's not nearly as "humble" and "great" as a person as the media has hyped up.

6. yellow_puff

yellow_puff Member

lol...this still cracks me up...lebron = fail. lol..

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

because you're ONLY looking at the dunker.

8. Strawman

Strawman Member

I don't see why this is such a big deal. It's not like LeBron was even trying. Crawford himself said so.

I still like LeBron and I don't blame him for trying to save his image. The hate he'll receive for this move will be far less than the humiliation from the video. I would have done the same if I was him.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's another incident that LeBron has made himself look like a baby this year. All his praise and coddling has made him mentally weak that he can't be gracious in defeat. LeBron has made himself an image of poor sportsmanship this year.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

next year new rules will be added:

1. no defender under any circumstances shall block Lebron James' shot attempts.

2. no player shall dunk on/over/in front of lebron james

3. whoever does not bow down to the king shall be fined and/or banned from the leagur

11. jpm42

jpm42 Member

If Lebron wasn't trying, then it's even more embarrassing on his end to pull this stunt. If the dunk was no big deal, he would have let the video be released. Of course, any proof of the "King" being embarrassed in some shape or form, and he has the video confiscated. That's just weak on his part. It was immature and ridiculous that he would have the video confiscated when the guidelines and rules even say that videotaping is fine.

And I also disagree that he will get less hate from what he did vs. humiliation from video. Right now, he looks like a joke for this, plain and simple. The video itself? Probably a two or three day ordeal on youtube, fizzles out, and that's the end of that. Now, the dunk will be mythologized, and the King ends up looking like the Court Jester for his part in not being able to man up over being "posterized".

12. jpm42

jpm42 Member

Yup.

Did he have any problem calling up ESPN/ABC during halftime of ANOTHER GAME the day after his game winner? Nope.

But once he loses? Seize that tape! Don't shake their hands! Just Check my STATS!

smh

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding me? Pippen COLLIDED with Ewing in mid-air and STILL had enough to power dunk it over him. Do you know how incredible it is to have two bodies collide like that? Not only did pippen still dunk it, his momentum sent Patrick Ewing BACKWARDS to the floor.

Jordan never did that. All the dunks you see over people never involve that kind of physical ownage. it's minimal contact. It's not the prettiest or most graceful dunk. But in terms of sheer ownage of dunking over someone, a top ten all time center at that???

Hate pippen I do, but I have to give the man props. That dunk is second to none.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Pippen dunk beats this one by a mile in my opinion. We should have a poll.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah, we were all on the floor with that one. Just lost all respect for Ewing. I mean, Ewing came in there jumped into Pippen. Pippen was riding him before he even dunked in. Rode him like a bull. Ewing hit his body low and high (with his arm) and Pippen just knocked him back to the floor and dunked the ball at the same time.

That's just sheer domination.

16. Sonn

Sonn Member

Wow that Lebron I tell ya, I hope it wasn't his idea of taking the tape....if it was that's lame on his part

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

To those that said Lebron may not have asked to confiscate the video it doesn't matter. He could have asked Nike to not confiscate it, but he didn't. If it was really no big deal he would have asked Nike to just let it be.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

Pippen's dunk screams ownage. Jordan avoided contact and threw it down, but Pippen jumped into Ewing and had enough power to send PATRICK EWING reeling. Remember how physical the Knicks were? thats what makes it even more incredible.

Also, Pippen standing over patrick talking mess afterwards takes it to a whole nother level (I mean in reality its stupid because it turned a 2 point play into a 1 point play, but it was such a strong move).

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Okay I see now. I got the Pippen on Ewing dunk confused with the Jordan on Ewing dunk.

I think the Jordan on Ewing dunk is overrated.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I still think it is dumb to make a big deal out of being dunked on. If you contest dunks, you will get dunked on, and I don't see why it is embarrassing. What is embarrassing is ducking away when somebody is coming at you.