1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Johnson = Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 19, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, true to an extent

Dude Dmo is Lithuanian, East Euro. Troy is not Canadian, not that I know of.

Would be fantastic.

Like that competitive fire.

Coach Badlee is still recuperating from the shock that comes from being rookified and branded CBL rookie

Sure hope to be a better player than Bayless.

Dude can't lack COURT VISION and HANDLES achieving triple doubles with assists in Summer league.

Should amount to someone better than Bayless

2. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

only on clutchfans

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

A better passing Bob Sura would fall somewhere between Mike Bibby and Jason Kidd. Somewhere between borderline all-star to hall of famer. Yeah, that'd be pretty awesome.

4. coffeelover665

I really, really like Nick

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

No homo bro.

6. ChippedToothLin

He must like extra cream in his coffee :p

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bibby light or 36 yr old Jason Kidd perhaps :grin: let's not get too far ahead

8. Raven

Raven Member

Can we separate wishful thinking from reality for a moment? Realistically, if NJ works his ass off, and improves his shot, is it a stretch to say his floor is a 10 minutes a game rotation player?

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I personally have a very high opinion of Nick Johnson, although obviously not as high as others LOL. I honestly had this opinion before summer league, loved what he did at Arizona, good effort and know how always translates.

I think he is a 10 MPG rotation player right now. High intensity player, good BBIQ, great athlete and decent shooter, although he still needs to improve it. His ceiling depends on how his skills as a PG develops, because he will obviously be limited as a 2. His ceiling is great starting PG, short of a star though.

Even if his skills as a 1 don't develop, if he can become a more consistent shooter I think he will be a great combo guard that can play 20-30 minutes off the bench on a championship level team.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nick Johnson sound like a guy who is prone to minor injuries to the groin area.

11. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Nick Johnson is like the complete opposite of Chris Paul
    Johnson's strength as a player is athleticism, it's Paul's weakness.
    I really like Johnson though, he easily has the most potential out of the Rockets young guards.
    His ability to play the 1 or 2, coupled with his athleticism and will to play defense, what's not to like?
    You can't teach those things, but you can when it comes to shooting.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Our new glue guy...welcome to Houston Nick...CP25 will be quickly forgotten as new teenage girls swoon over you....

In all seriousness, Nick has a chance to be a really good player. His mechanics on his shot may affect his consistency, but he has great fundamentals of the game both offensively and defensively; plus ubber athleticism. We have a lot of reason to be excited about this kid. Here's to hoping that he can hone his shot and mechanics early on at RGV and perhaps be someone helping out our boys at the end of next season.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yeah... remember all those all state commercials? That's in the blood.
    lol

14. alethios

alethios Member

Nick is certainly not hurting his stock. He's a true Morey asset. I hope he cracks the rotation, but I think if he improves his jump shot, that won't be a problem. We don't have a stellar guard bench so any help we can get will be bonus.

15. kevtse

kevtse Member

If he developes the ball handling, he can be the next westbrook

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

uhh no hes either chris paul or a better courtney lee

17. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Knowing Morey, potential trading chip...
    He will be allowed to showcase some skills during the season just before trading later in the season.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Have ya'll seen his dunk highlights? Nasty stuff.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Guess your definition of athleticism is max vert or something. Saying athleticism is CP3's weakness is something you don't here very often.

20. pflo34

pflo34 New Member

Nick Johnson= Bobby sura +

and potential.

whatever happened to that guy?.