1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Caserio - Next GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 5, 2021.

?

How you feel?

1. I love

26 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. I hate

84 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. meh

69 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I don't know

61 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. raining threes

Look up my records, 24 women haven't accused me of anything.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I've said all along that I think Caserio gets an incomplete so far. I don't think he can truly be evaluated with much confidence. However, I'd swap him out for the 49ers guy right now and take my chances. Peters is very well regarded as a talent evaluator.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Hahaha I’ve been saying Adam Peters since before we actually got Demeco & it was a guess

[​IMG]

mikol13 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He is?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. raining threes

It's just an uncomfortable fact.

If Watson wasn't a perv the rebuild would've gone alot faster.

Unfortunately it is what it is and lead to a badly needed full blown rebuild. Of course I think QB's should be traded every 6-7 years because of the cap and what's been proven when QB's eat up too much cap. This has been proven since 1994.

Also I never thought Watson was as good as most here do, and didn't play a winning brand of ball. He has a lot of quit in his genes. See: 51-7, you think that would've ever happened to a Montana/Brady/Mahomes/Burrow lead team? Also quitting by requesting a trade 6 months after signing a 160 mil contract speaks volumes about this quitter.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I have no inside information here BUT often times GMs/execs/FO guys have contracts that run until after the draft. It's possible the Texans want to hire Peters away from 49ers but can't do that until after the draft and that it it isn't a Caserio stepping down situation.

Maybe the "shifting" is Caserio becomes something like Vice President of Football Operations and Peters gets a "Director of Player Personnel" title or something.

I don't know. Just trying to figure out why this would make sense. If they want Peters they could have hired him as GM already.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Yes. 49ers fans have worried they were going to lose him for years and have wanted John Lynch to bump himself up so Peters could get the GM title.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

So now we are bashing Caserio for drafting a QB in the third round when there was no QB on the roster?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only ahead of George Paton(Broncos)
    7 GMs not ranked for being “too new”

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-gm-pow...roseman-reigns-while-brad-holmes-makes-his-ma

24) Nick Caserio, Houston Texans

Caserio inherited a broken situation that got worse when Deshaun Watson asked out of town and was subsequently accused of sexual misconduct and suspended by the NFL. Caserio has hired three head coaches in his first three years as a general manager. That is a massive strike against him. I couldn't find another example of this in league history.
    Caserio's first two drafts have been average for the picks he had to work with. The volume of free agents brought in over the last two years rivals any team in football, with a decent hit rate. It's up to new coach DeMeco Ryans and the incoming No. 2 overall pick to make all those moves look better.

Rudyc281 and zeeshan2 like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hear ya my friend. But ownership has fumbled the ball plenty. We could go chapter and verse on that.

raining threes likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How do we know it was 24 women? How do we know there were any women at all? Just because you've been led to believe so.
    Anyway Rick Smith built a championship ready team. It was just thrown into Obriens incapable hands.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You don’t really believe any of that do you?

The dude is a predator, the worst type of human there is.

ROCKSS and raining threes like this.
  14. Sooty

Sooty Member

worse than a nazi, terrorist, murderer, pedo, etc...

15. Qan

Qan Member

Yeah. Way worst.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone they preys on the weak and vulnerable using their own power or celebrity is all the same imo.
    Obviously I was being hyperbolic, but he falls in that realm.

raining threes and Sooty like this.
  17. raining threes

Court records

LOL, the Texans have never been close to winning a championship. In fact they haven't sniffed an AFCCG.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course I believe it. Its me!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They had the team. They just didn't have anything else.

20. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I know for a fact that Caserio is leaving, I’m 100 percent sure. I’m 100 percent sure he’s leaving because Pancakes McClain is sure he is staying…

Sooty likes this.