1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Caserio - Next GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 5, 2021.

?

How you feel?

1. I love

26 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. I hate

84 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. meh

69 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I don't know

61 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Caserio we trust!

#BDN got it done

Caserio and Meco are going to work excellent together.

And I'm calling it now Caserio will be back on the headset in the booth on game days

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nick Caserio - Next Man Up On the Plank.

HillBoy likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

ownership supposedly wants to get rid of last ties to easterby in caserio

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don’t know if something came to light but leave it up to Cal to let him run FA and the draft before firing him.

Interestingly enough, Bob did the same thing with Casserly after the Mario Williams/DeMeco draft.

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Kubiak essentially ran that draft though…still remains one of the best drafts in franchise history, including Charles Spencer who would also been a long-term starter on the line had he not suffered a career ending leg injury early in the year.

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

9. gucci888

FWIW, Pancakes said a friend at the combine told him Caserio was going back to NE after the draft. He did follow up saying he has no idea what’s going on though.

It is interesting to note that Caserio talked about possibly moving on or shifting roles following the season finale. Things obviously seemed to have settled since but it’s still Cal running the show.

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's not ideal - but free agency and (especially) the draft are many, many months of work. There is value in continuity heading into an offseason. Also, if the trigger isn't pulled quickly after the season, you do reach a point of no return with your GM, tying back to how many months of work have been invested. It's tough to throw all of that away.

Having said that.... YES! It is absolutely unfathomable that *this* offseason of all offseasons, Hannah - I mean, Cal didn't have their **** together. If you're not happy with your GM (& Hannah - I mean Cal should not have been happy with Caserio), you don't sit on your fat ass, do nothing, and let that person you're not happy with make perhaps the biggest decision in this franchise's history.

Good lord, what a circus-clown-shitshow this team is.

gucci888 likes this.
  11. gucci888

Posted in the off-season thread that those concerns can be alleviated (somewhat at least) if the trigger is pulled quickly. And hopefully a replacement would’ve already been their own work with regards to FA/draft in some type of capacity.

But then again, we are dealing with an owner who made the most baffling GM decision in possibly the history of sports just a few years ago.

raining threes likes this.
  12. raining threes

This is why I don't believe any of the crap the media is putting out there. Man people in the media really can't seem to stop wanting to run guys out of town. 1st Tunsil because he was a BOB guy and now Caserio because he was an Easterby guy. They need to do their jobs and quit having agendas.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. raining threes

This is why I don't think Caserio is going anywhere. However Cal is a wildcard.

14. raining threes

This is why I don't think Caserio is going anywhere. However CL is a wildcard.

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I`m not sure I am buying into the Casserio leaving rumors, it doesn't make much sense with a new HC..........this is lying season and I think journalists have to find a "story" as there is not much happening between now and the draft. "IF" he did leave, I would think it's because he wants to, I don't see Cal or Hannah having the moxy to fire him just yet, its way to early

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I`m not sure I am buying into the Casserio leaving rumors, it doesn't make much sense with a new HC..........this is lying season and I think journalists have to find a "story" as there is not much happening between now and the draft. "IF" he did leave, I would think it's because he wants to, I don't see Cal or Hannah having the moxy to fire him just yet, its way to early

17. Hey Now!

He has been objectively bad at his job and has earned a dismissal. And he is not from the DeMeco Ryans circle: the Texans are very clearly building this next era around Ryans.

18. gucci888

Think you are flattering the Texans a bit here.
    Highly doubt the media (especially a national guy like Lombardi) really gives that much of a $hit about what’s going on down here to make something up.

Obviously I have no idea whether something happens but interesting to note that Caserio didn’t seem like his job was completely safe just a few months ago.

raining threes likes this.
  19. raining threes

Explain to me how he's been bad at his job?

20. Hey Now!

His drafts have been decidedly mediocre; he hasn't signed one significant free agent; there isn't a top 10, 15, possibly even 20 player that he's acquired at any position on this team, other than RB, which may very well be the least essential position in a rebuild; and he has hired two comically inept head coaches.

whag00 likes this.