1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice things about the Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Junebball

Junebball Member

No bruh, they are done. I am talking about the broom done

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Dallas has a committed and forward thinking owner in Mark Cuban, so Mavericks fans have that going for them.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It's too early for this kind of stuff, if Dallas comes back (as impossible as that seems now) will you care to have made this thread? Were all talking like the series is over and now trying to console the maverick fans.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

The hate I have for the Mavs players is purely a sports rivalry type of hate. I'm sure that as humans most of the players are very giving and cool to hang out with. I'd never wish injury upon any of the players and it's unfortunate that they've suffered a few setbacks.

I hope their injured players a quick recovery and that they can keep going in their career as well as keep giving back to the community and being good people.

Again the trash talk that I spew about Mavs players is purely sports trash talk and ends there. Cheers to their players that fight hard and give it their all every night and to an owner that gives his all to his team, even if it comes off as brash to the opponents. I can't fault you for your passion. May Parsons get better and back on the court quickly.

Enemies in sport, but I'd buy each of those players a drink if I ever ran into them outside of the arena.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thank you Dallas for being kind enough to lose to us. Your generosity is much appreciated. I like it when you do that.

1 person likes this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

Dallas is home to my favorite convention that I visit every year: AnimeFest. I would rep Dallas, the city, for that if nothing else. Also, I respect how over my lifetime the Mavs went from being the utter laughingstock of the league to winning a championship. That made Texas the best damn basketball state out there.

The Mavs are not a team to ever be underestimated in my book, and, as long as you guys keep the flopping to a minimum, I'll respect y'all. Seriously, though, get the hell off the ground and play. Also, I sympathize about your personnel and salary woes this season. The Rockets hired a crazy guy a couple years ago, so sorry you had to go through that as well.

7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Dallas is one of only two cities ever to host a US presidential assassination.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr Chuck Norris

Well at least they are making my summer wish come true. (Knocking them out of the playoffs)

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Edited it for you.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think Dirk doing Cuban and the Mavs a solid last summer by signing below market value was a nice gesture. Of course the money left on the table by Dirk went to Parsons and that hasn't worked out too well buuuuuuuut....kudos to future HOFer Dirk Nowitzki for doing his team and his owner a solid.

11. dragician

dragician Member

not even close. Barea has a ring and he was a factor in the playoffs and championship.

Barea is a member of Puerto Rican national team.

Doh.

12. dje243

dje243 Member

I live in DFW. There are lots of great things about the area. The Ticket is the greatest sports station of all time. Fort Worth is cool. Denton is cool. Dallas is okay.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's not as good as Ariza currently....

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You lost me at "I'm sorry...". Seriously?

15. kunene

kunene Member

/s? or idiot?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Brighten up Dallas. . . .you are still in Texas

. . . for now

Rocket River

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This thread is vomit-inducing. Jesus Christ.

18. kunene

kunene Member

This is one delusional thread. Stop with the pathetic sympathy. We have 2 MORE GAMES TO WIN.

I live in Dallas and can't stand most of the people here. Bunch of snobby, self-entitled a-holes. I am out of here once my schooling is over.

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You will never convince me that signing Chandler Parsons to that contract wasn't a troll move by Cuban to force Morey to overpay. So in my opinion the fact that Dallas is stuck with Parsons at that price is fair play. Having said that, hey well played. Your team successfully used a poison pill strategy against the man who basically invented it. Kudos!

Also, Carlisle is a great coach, and Dirk is an all timer. You'll always be competitive because Cuban cares so much and your team uses what appears to be a solid balance of analytics and passion, so that's good news.

But let's be honest, y'all owe us one since Michael Finley was clearly out of bounds in 2005. Also, seriously, the Cowboys.

20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:Dallas sucks less than I thought