1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NICE KNOWING YOU] Stros release Woody

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by codell, Mar 29, 2008.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I'm going to start calling you and major the "cheapskate children" - tens of thousands of posts, zero tip jar donations between the two of you

You just don't know what goes on inside a major league clubhouse. Lance talking to the media doesn't impact his leadership ability on the team - leadership takes place in the clubhouse, not on the pages of the Chronicle.

2. Major

Major Member

I'm going to start calling you "biggest moron on the BBS"... thousands of posts, and still yet to make a good one.

Nor do you.

So says the biggest moron on the BBS who talks out of his ass. You know very, very little about leadership - and you demonstrate that here every day.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I do have a feel for what goes on in a major league clubhouse - I have friends who have played (and are still playing) at that level.

4. Refman

Refman Member

I have a friend who is a neurosurgeon. That doesn't mean I have a feel for brain surgery. That further does not mean that I have a feel for how to run a medical office.

More to the point, I have friends who played big time college football. That doesn't mean that I have a feel for how recruiting runs.

Again...if Lance made a comment or two about a transaction that was an isolated incident, this is much less of a problem. Not the case here.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

You're quite a treat, aggy. I've talked to my friends about these issues. I know. You're an internet geek who doesn't. Have a nice day, cheapster

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its not his candor, its his ignorance

7. MadMax

MadMax Member

I know people who've played big league ball, too. I don't know one that feels its necessary to comment on every move made in an offseason.

I love Lance, but it's enough already.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

There's a measure of irony in one guy with 7000 posts on a basketball forum (most of them political posts on a debate subforum of a basketball-related bbs) calling another guy with 7000 posts on that same forum an internet geek.

And I generally agree with you about Lance. If it was me I don't think I'd comment every time someone put a mike in front of me, but I don't hold it against him that he expresses his opinions (and his loyalty to his former teammates) when asked. Guy wears his heart on his sleeve. And anyway, it's not like this is life or death. It's one baseball guy talking about other baseball guys. I don't really see the harm.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

I see nothing wrong with Lance being honest...Same with O...

I may be in the minority, but I think Woody desereved at least another chance...He didn't get it, so let's move on...

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

It would probably bother me more if I felt like anyone on the team actually looked to Lance for leadership. But honestly I don't think he is interested in being any kind of leader for this team, and the rest of the ballclub knows that.

11. msn

msn Member

Good post.

12. dsnow23

dsnow23 Member

Back on Topic.

Wooohoooo! Woody's gone!

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

There's a way to improve Lance's baserunning speed, stick a microphone in front of him

14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Wow. Looks like Lance is the new T-Mac.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Its possible Texx is just a loudmouth thus the heavy posting.

16. Refman

Refman Member

Best. Post. Ever.