1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NHL 2013 48 game season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by napalm06, Jan 15, 2013.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

As a Flames fan, I'm glad we at least got something for him. This was not the Iginla that most casual fans remember. I wish Kipper would agree to report in the case of a trade, because it's been high time to gut this team for a few years.

2. sew

sew Member

No doubt. We held onto him for way too long, should have traded him cpl years ago when he was worth more than a couple of prospects and a late first round.

Honestly though, this makes the 2004 SC robbery hurt a little more. :(:(

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

These NHL network streams... not doing it for me.

It denies me from seeing Susannah Collins.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

..and the Ducks get one past Emery with 2 minutes to go to steal this game 2-1.

5. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

That's 3-0 straight wins over the Blackhawks for us this season.

We have 3 games vs. Dallas next week. If we can take care of them, we should be the #1 seed or at least damn close to being the #1 seed.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Ducks should be labeled the favorites of the west. Even with the Hawks injuries, I still feel they would probably beat the Hawks in a 7 game series.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>SIDNEY CROSBY UPDATE: Out indefinitely after having surgery Saturday for a broken jaw.</p>&mdash; Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) <a href="https://twitter.com/penguins/status/318433720363270144">March 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Saw that play. My jaw now hurts like crazy.

Also, Hawks with a dismantling of the Wings. Brandon Saad has to be firmly in the Calder Trophy discussion. Big game for Bolland too.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Sucks for Pittsburgh. I think he'll probably be back before the playoffs. Crosby is awesome to watch.

9. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I am hearing a month for Crosby which would take us to the start of the playoffs. He may miss the first round, but I think Pittsburgh could take out the 8th or 7th seed without Crosby as they would still have a top 6 of Neal/Malkin/Kunitz and Iginla/Sutter/Dupris. Weather Crosby comes back in time for the start of the playoffs or by the 2nd round, I would expect him to be rocking a full cage mask for the remainder of the season.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

April Fools. Blackhawks give up 2 in the 3rd, win in shootout.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Yeah I think they'll be fine without him for the remainder of the season and the first round. Plenty of depth.

Really getting tired of how the defense and Crawford have been playing the last 5 games or so. Game should've been won in regulation.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I personally think Chicago is a better team than Anaheim. They're clearly the two teams to beat in the West, though.

Just got home from watching the Coyotes beat LA. ALWAYS a pleasure.

1 person likes this.
  13. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

I like Anaheim over Chicago. Either way, it would be an awesome series.

This Flames team is going to be BRUTAL to watch for the last fifteen games or so. We were bad WITH Iginla and Bouwmeester. Blech.

14. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss teams like Vancouver and Minnesota from that list. They both made moves at the deadline to strengthen their teams which are already pretty well rounded when considering offense, defense and goaltending.

While I consider Chicago the favorites in the West, I would not be suprised if any one of these 4 teams makes it to the Stanley Cup. This differs from the East where it looks like a two team race between Boston and Pittsburgh for the Cup.

15. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Although, I disagree with your CHI being better than ANA statement, you sir have been repped for taking enjoyment out of an LA loss.

16. napalm06

If Minnesota gets hot, they could be a threat. They have guys who don't seem to keep up the offense consistently. I don't see Vancouver going deep this year, personally.

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Goodness... the Blackhawks defense has put their collective heads up their asses in 3rd periods and it's really frustrating.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Sad.. guess I'll take the point. Wild shootout.

19. napalm06

Really Hawks? Phoenix needed STL to lose. :(

Oh well, beating Detroit is fun.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Really blew it. I think the Hawks outplayed them too, their goalie saved them from this game. The Hawks seem to be going in a downward slope at the wrong time.