1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NHL 2013 48 game season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by napalm06, Jan 15, 2013.

1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

What a beautiful Ducks win over CHI tonight!
    We're coming for that #1 spot!

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

At first I was like - :) a post not about Chicago!

But then I was like - :eek:

Ducks can't dream of passing the Hawks this season. Wouldn't beat 'em in a playoff series either.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I hope so. I feel like getting the president's trophy adds pressure to a team. I think the last team to win the cup with the #1 record was Detroit in 2007. Vancouver has failed twice the last couple of years. To me, it really doesn't matter where the Hawks seed since they can pretty much win on the road.

A Ducks/Hawks series would be awesome.

4. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

What are you basing this on?

Ducks are 2-0 against the Blackhawks this season.
    Blackhawks are only 3 points ahead of us, I personally don't care whether or not we catch them but... it's not a dream.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Is it time for me to be concerned about Corey Crawford?

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Yes.

Ray Emery is clearly the better of the two. If Bowman isn't going to make a move for a goalie before the deadline, I'd say Emery should be ahead of Crawford. He's earned it.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't really mean what I said. Emery is not the better goalie, but I'd still give Emery a shot because he's earned it. Crawford just needs to get his head together. It wasn't just Crawford sucking tonight, it was really a piss-poor team effort defensively.

#87 ItsMyFault, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Pens make a big move in trading for Morrow. It will be interesting to see how Boston will react as those are the teams seen as the top 2 in the East. It will be interesting to see where Morrow fits with the Pens. Crosby's line is set. I think he will first get to play with Malkin (when he returns) and Neal on the 2nd line. If that doesn't work then they slide him down with Sutter on the 3rd line. Now it will be interesting to see what Boston does. In my eyes their top 6 is already set and very strong with Seugin/Marchand/Bergeron on the top line and Krejci/Lucic/Horton on the 2nd line. I just don't know what they would do with another forward.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I think Emery will be in net tonight. While it hasn't entirely been Crawford's fault, I believe that he may be returning to the "give up weak goals" form he showed last year. Give him a couple of games off to refocus.

Forgot to mention that Frolik really made the most of his opportunity after getting placed on the Toews line last night. Hope Hossa can come back on Sunday, but that might be too optimistic.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yep. @<a href="https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing">awfulannouncing</a>: Chicago sports mascot Jim Belushi turned the creep up to 10 at last night's Blackhawks game. <a href="http://t.co/y4NZCCcgE6" title="http://bit.ly/ZUEXhF">bit.ly/ZUEXhF</a></p>&mdash; Susannah Collins (@susannahcollins) <a href="https://twitter.com/susannahcollins/status/316611696884072448">March 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Emery still undefeated! The defensive effort tonight was in stark contrast from the last 2 games.

Kiprusoff's efforts for the Flames probably prevented it from being 5-0 or 6-0. He's still a great goalie. Not sure why he wouldn't want to report to his new team in the event he gets dealt.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Absolutely dominated the Flames tonight.

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>chicago 2, mr. t 1, calgary 0</p>&mdash; ryan lambert (@twolinepass) <a href="https://twitter.com/twolinepass/status/316746612250660864">March 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morrow will give the Pens a stronger forecheck and captaincy experience. A good pickup. Don't care much for the Penguins though, myself.

Sad about the Iginla trade. The anti-climactic end to a legend in Calgary, like Olajuwon to Toronto. We'll see what he has left in the tank for Boston.

On a Coyotes note, they've now lost 7 in a row after choking a 3-2 lead in the last minute to the Wild. Having tickets for the rest of the season is very bittersweet since I'm probably witnessing the end of Coyotes hockey.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Solid addition to the Bruins. I think they have enough now to compete with Pittsburgh.

Damn, just checked the standings. Didn't realize Phoenix had fallen that much, but that division is pretty tough.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Wow.. looks like Iginla is going to the Pens now. Damn.... the Pens are even more stacked now. Hand them the cup.

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Ryan Whitney (@ryanwhitney6): Twitter just got OWNED

19. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

The Iginla saga was interesting and now that he is in Pitt, I would imagine when healthy they will go Crosby/Kunitz/Dupuis and Malkin/Neal/Iginla as the top 6 with Crosby/Malkin/Iginla/Neal on the top pp line. That is going to be a filthy offensive team that will force all their opponents to play an offensive game as the Pens will be scoring 3 goals on the regular.

20. sew

sew Member

Damn, hurts to see Iggy go, but he deserves to win a Cup, only wish it was with the Flames.