1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So your problem with it actually has nothing to do with the reasons behind it, expressed by any of the players. Glad that’s cleared up.

The ceremony loses its significance and honor, in my opinion, when it is conducted before every NFL game and attendance of NFL players is made mandatory. When showing “respect” is made routine and compulsory, it is a false respect.

If we are talking about a special ceremony that the NFL puts together to honor the country and people are given the option to participate, then I would agree it is disrespectful to use that as a platform to disparage the country.

2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you mean...

...kind of like what the NFL would do before Super Bowl games...
    ...or even for only a few weeks after 9/11?

...I mean before 2009 when the Department of Defense started paying for this ceremony...?

3. Granville

Granville Member

If you'd pay attention, you would know I said they could wear an armband for all I care during the anthem. And good thing, that's an opinion not shared by most people.

4. durvasa

I frankly don’t consider your position particularly sensible if you are quibbling over them kneeling versus wearing an armband.

How about you just focus on the flag and country, since that is what you care so much about, and don’t worry about others who are silently doing their own thing.

jcf likes this.
  5. Granville

Granville Member

I frankly don't care what you think or that it's sensible for you to keep debating when you're dead wrong.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

With all trump's noise about the flag, he doesn't even know what our flag looks like...

[​IMG]

7. Buck Turgidson

Please tell me that's real.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9. durvasa

Two people disagree on the internet. How about that.