1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

LBJ has already said he won’t go to the WH ( Not that they were winning anyway).

Doubt the Warriors go this year.

2. dmoneybangbang

No, this is about a draft dodging president being a faux patriot. Why do you support fake patriots?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly they should just cancel it for all sports teams, once upon a time when players were real people that was a nice thing to do but now they are all so overly privileged and spoiled it's just not something any of them deserve because asking them to show due respect for the honor is asking too much of them. Just save the suspense and say that none of them get it anymore.

mick fry likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I think all the fake patriotism needs to be removed from sports. Most Americans don’t give two ***** about the anthem when they play it before games. Most ppl would just change the channel or get up and do something else.

I would much rather the president focus on working instead of photo ops.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

About as pointless as the anthem before sporting events. Cry me a river Bobby

[​IMG]

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but I reject the implication that it is all "fake patriotism", I know that's a popular buzz phrase these days among those who don't want to be called unpatriotic when they support those who intentionally show disrespect for the country for political purposes, but I don't think it's completely valid.

Now don't mistake what I am saying here, I'm not accusing you of being that person, I'm just saying you are using one of their buzz phrases.

I think that there is nothing wrong with continuing just about the only remaining act of patriotism in modern American life and the fact that people have a problem with it is indicative of a real problem.

7. TheresTheDagger

I think you are wrong, but maybe that says more about the people each of us hang around.

mick fry likes this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Interesting. Wonder why the athletes canceled their "player-led community service events for young people" in Washington today?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I think he's right when he suggests that most Americans these days don't give 2 sh*ts about the anthem, most civilians today are disgusting pieces of sh*t who barely understand the concept of respect.....but IMO that's not something that should be coddled or catered to.

mick fry likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thankfully there still exist some conservative writers who haven’t totally lost their mind on this:

Ben Shapiro:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31449/trump-wrong-disinvite-eagles-hes-even-more-wrong-ben-shapiro

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Well is drafting dodging patriotic or not? Do you support someone who does that as a patriot or as a voice for patriotism?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

What does Trump respect?

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

trumps patriotism is indeed "fake patriotism". a person who insults POWs and gold star families has zero credibility when challenging others patriotism and anyone defending him is a tool.

damn dude, you are such a patriot. we are all very impressed with your tenacious defense of our glorious anthem! we can all tell that youre totally 100% sincere and really do care about the anthem! its you and trump standing up against those sons of b****es!

but let me ask...did trump show respect when he insulted POWs and gold star families? should his behavior be coddled or catered to? do you really think president bone spurs has any credibility when it comes to this issue?

Two Sandwiches and Manny Ramirez like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you were following along, and let's face it, that's too much to ask around here lately, no one was talking about Trump's patriotism. It's completely irrelevant to the conversation.

It's kind of sad that someone suggesting that showing a basic level of respect for the anthem would in your eyes make them a super patriot. On top of that it's funny that you bring up things Trump has done in an effort to excuse the behavior of others.....I mean do you think that Trump doing sh*tty things makes the sh*tty things other people do better?

I know in the eyes of the Trump Derangement Syndrome crowd EVERY issue focuses on Trump, but this issue goes beyond who is in the white house...or should.

15. amaru

amaru Member

The people I hang around fought for this country ( I come from an Army background) so nice try.

I’m talking about the average American. Let’s be honest here, most Americans watching these sporting events didn’t play a whole lot of attention to the anthem. We all know it’s true.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Trump is a draft dodging POS. I had a few family members who went when they were drafted, at a time when they weren’t even allowed to walk in the front door of most businesses v

pahiyas and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You’re still whining about people not wanting to spend a day at the White House as “shitty” behavior? Like, they’re supposed to be so humbled by the invite, that to refuse it just speaks to how ungrateful they are?

Are we all just vassals to his Majesty the President, so when he calls on us we must come to him forthwith?

Get over it. Respect for our country has nothing to do with any of this. Respect is public service and showing appreciation for the positive public service of others. It is defending the individual rights of others. It is rejoicing when we succeed, and not looking the other way when we fail and can do better.

18. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I love how these people try to cancel on Trump and then he turns it around on them. Lol

This is having an affect on the NFL, their money, their ratings etc.

Glad to see Trump won't be manhandled by media or athletes who have been coddled.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are happy with the NFL's implementation of Political Correctness?

20. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I think its a business and the owners don't like getting pulled into controversy. Whether you are the NFL or McDonalds the owners are
    about money. Its the NFL's right to force its employees to a standard that they feel reflects will make them more money.

I believe in a businesses right to choose and a consumers right to consume or not.