1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Nov 5, 2009.

1. The Drake

The Drake Member

We're in the same boat.

Next Sunday's gonna be huge!

2. baller4life315

I HATE how the Steelers are vulnerable to this short pass, dink-and-dunk stuff. The lone time Orton dropped back and actually tried to throw the ball it was nearly picked off. Sigh....

3. The Drake

The Drake Member

don't stress dude, by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, the broncos secondary will get sleepy and big ben should have a field day.

4. baller4life315

PICK SIX, BABY!!!!!!

Yeah, I dare you to try to make an ACTUAL throw Orton ;)

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

dont worry, carson palmer knows how to throw a ball. we'll see you next week ;)

6. Obito

Obito Member

Yes!

Let's go Steelers!

ONLY FOR TODAY THOUGH. :p

7. baller4life315

I'm anxiously awaiting Vanilla Ice's return to Heinz Field. Should be a good one. Hell, I might even be there too. :)

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

lol "I CANT FEEL MY FACE!!'

9. The Drake

The Drake Member

Woodley was trying to pump up the crowd until he realized it wasn't a home game. :D

10. baller4life315

Did you just recently become an NFL fan? There's no such thing as a road game for the Steelers. Take a look at all the black & gold in that crowd...or any road game for that matter. ;)

11. The Drake

The Drake Member

Yeah, I just started following the NFL, that's why I chose to cheer for the Bengals :rolleyes:

And that's why the Steelers are quickly replacing the Cowboys in the Lakers-Yankees-Cowboys trifecta.

12. baller4life315

Not to get into one of "those" type of pointless debates, but to suggest that Steelers fans aren't some of the best in all of sports is really quite silly. Even if I wasn't from Pittsburgh I would gladly acknowledge that.

13. The Drake

The Drake Member

It just strikes me as odd that after recently winning a couple of super bowls, suddenly every nfl city in the country has a large contingent of steeler fans. personally, i don't buy that they "travel well." to buffalo or cleveland maybe, but denver? ehhh...

maybe i'm missing something as to why that is (other than the bandwagon effect). feel free to school me on the history of steelers fandom (no snark-o), preferably without questioning my football iq.

and I'm not knocking the steelers for having a bandwagon fans, it happens. i can only hope that one day one of my teams will be successful enough to have them :p

14. baller4life315

I know you mean no harm but you are 100,000% wrong. Steelers fans are widely known as some (if not, the best) traveling fans in all sports. Pick a major city anywhere in the US and I bet there's a Steelers bar there somewhere. I've been to 5-6 outside the city of Pittsburgh, myself. Steelers fans are the truth win or lose. That much, frankly, I've never really even heard questioned before.

....and yeah, maybe the Bengals will have their day someday. Maybe. :p

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

Yeah, I'm not a Steelers fan, but it's ignorant to proclaim that they haven't always had tons of fans dispersed across the country. They're a traditional power team that has had some of the more recognizable players in NFL history. It only makes sense that the teams that win more have more passionate fans.

16. The Drake

The Drake Member

If I can belabor the point a little more, by "travel well" I meant people from the Pittsburgh area flying all over the country to fill opposing teams' stadiums.

You're telling me that lots of big cities have Steeler contingencies already planted there (unless I'm misunderstanding you).

I guess my question is how do you explain the existence of these Steeler cells scattered all over the country?

on a similar note: I remember the first time I saw a Bengals t-shirt in a Houston-area Foot Locker-type store (2005 season, I'm pretty sure). Even though they only had XXL, I had no choice but to buy; we went national! for a season, at least... :p

17. Obito

Obito Member

Dammit Ben, hold on to the rock.

18. baller4life315

You're from Houston? I'm willing to be that there are thousands of Yankees, Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, Packers, etc. fans there. It's just how things work with great historic teams. Wide scattered fan bases everywhere you look.

19. The Drake

The Drake Member

I totally agree. I guess I was just confused when you seemed to take exception to my linking Steelers fans with Yankee, Laker, and Cowboy fans. No biggie.

Anyhow, this game is classic. I love defense.

20. baller4life315

Very true. Denver's defense is NASTY -- very impressed. We'll see what happens. [Knock on wood] Ben usually doesn't lose games like this...especially against QB's that can't throw the ball. Of course, now that I said this watch Orton seal the deal or lead a GW'ing drive. Ahhhhhhhh....I need a beer.