1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Nov 5, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think its one thing to have a team catch your eye and win your allegiance at a young age, but certainly these idiots who live in cities like Pittsburgh and are die-hard Steeler Fans but just so happen to also root for the Yankees and the Red Sox puzzle me.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, that is some serious weak sauce, IMO although the poor Pirates have gone like 18 or 19 years in a row with a losing record so their performance would test the most steel-hardened fan (no pun intended). That is why I respect baller so much because he has remained a fan of the Pirates despite how terrible they have been for so long. That is a true fan right there.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't like bandwagon fans either, but when several thousand people show up at Mile High stadium waving Terrible Towels, I'm not sure they are bandwagoners. The percentage of Steelers fans that are bandwagoners probably isn't any higher than other NFL team if you ask me. I've known people throughout the years who've liked the Steelers no matter how good or bad they are, they just don't whoop it up as much when they are losing. When the Steelers were underdogs playing on the road at Indy and Denver during their 2006 Super Bowl run, they had thousands of fans at Indy and Denver. Nobody gave them much chance that year.

4. baller4life315

Amen. Couldn't have put it any better myself. These are all reasons why even if I wasn't from Pittsburgh and cheered for another team that I would still have the utmost respect for the Steelers organization. Simply stated: they win and they win the right way. It's hard to hate on a team that builds a winning product in such ways.

Manny,

Understood on your frustration and I appreciate the props for pointing out how i'm a loyal fan of the currently the worst franchise in professional sports. Keep your head up in regards to your Broncos. Your defense is still good enough to keep that team in any game plus you can tell McDaniels runs a near flawless offensive system. Orton isn't good enough to take you to the next level but with a team that executes as well as the Broncos do, they'll always be a threat to take down any of the big dawgs.